Pregnacare conception tablets warning!

I'm feeling quite sad cos a few years after I had my first child I stopped noticing the usual signs of ovulation, no stretchy Vaginal mucus and all, plus prolonged cycles running into almost 40days. I tried using the clearblu ovulation kit and also discovered I was actually having anovulatory cycles. My first child is 3yrs plus now.
My Obgyn discovered I had elevated prolactin levels after he sent me for some tests(hormone profile) and was placed on bromocriptine for over 3months in the later part of last year (2014) and my cycle corrected. For the past 6 months, I have had a 28-29 day cycle with no premenstrual cramps as I usually had so I have been very happy and hopeful as my husband and I have been TTC since January 2015.
I decided to start the prenatal tabs to help myself so I began taking Pregnacare conception tabs about 6weeks ago. Now I have not seen my AF for a week now. And I'm cramping like hell. Did a home PT and it's negative. I'm besides myself with worry. I have stopped the tabs. I dunno if there's anything I can do to help the flow come. I'm feeling miserable especially after I read that some of the ladies here have had similar experiences. I should have researched more before starting those tablets *sobsobsobsob

Just incase anyone is interested i took Seven Seas 'Trying for a Baby' and had no side effects. I conceived second month ttc (unfortunately had mc) but then conceived again second month trying after mc (current pregnancy).
Also if u dont get ewcm it doesnt necessarily mean u will have problems conceiving - i have never had it once! Apparently someone told me if u dont notice ewcm it can be just that it stays up inside u rather than leaking out (sorry)!
Good luck all x

I am also trying seven seas this month and opks so hoping for a bfp on 14th instead of AF. I didn't like pregnacare with last pregnancy so I stopped taking them. Just used normal folic acid for first twelve weeks and had a healthy 8 lb DD x

Hi Ladies, I am not 100% if it's a coincidence or not. However, I stopped taking pregnacare original yesterday.
Me and my husband have decided, after almost 4 years after having our first child, to try again for our second. I am in my early 30's and was recommended to take essential vitamins, popped into local pharmacy and they advised pregnacare as it will help from conception to the very end. I took these through my last pregnancy and was fine. I read a few reviews about how they were/can mess up your cycle! Which seems odd when your ttc. I have been having my menstral cycle since I was very very young and would like to think I know it well by now. So the point of this article is...Started taking pregnacare on the 18th April, started my period on the 20th, which 99% of the time last for a maximum of 4 days and are pretty light, (Lucky I know). I am now on day 7 and still spot bleeding. It's frustrating as all we want to do is start trying! The only thing I can put it down to is the pregnacare.
Anyone else had this issue?

Ikno this is an old thread, but a good read!!! My cm around ov was also lumps of jelly, and Ivery been soooo much dryer then normal, my ov and af was late too. Also I had loads of pregnancy symptoms.. and have belly ache quite often!! Thinking about coming off them now. :/

Ikno this is an old thread, but a good read!!! My cm around ov was also lumps of jelly, and Ivery been soooo much dryer then normal, my ov and af was late too. Also I had loads of pregnancy symptoms.. and have belly ache quite often!! Thinking about coming off them now. :/

These vitamins should be banned, they cause cycles to mess up, they did with mine, they also cause a lot of other awful symptoms due to the excessive amounts of B vitamins, they contain 800 % daily amount of B6 and high amount of B12. Read all the reviews on the net it's shocking, then google vitamin B6 overdose symptoms, it all fits xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back