Pregnacare conception tablets warning!

I can't believe this!!!! I started taking pregnacare original vits couple weeks ago and I'm supposed to be in my fertile time but been waiting for cm n hardly any and I'm due to ovulate Sunday so could this be the reason or are the original ones not the same as the ones being discussed on here??? I'm not taking anymore now gutted if they have screwed me up :( xx

Now that you mention it i tuk a long time to get preg n funnily enuf i was havin pregnacare tablets for atleast a year!!
Folic acid wiv vit d boots brand was def better for me no need for that fancy useless crap

Last edited:
I'm on pregnacare conception too, I have just come off the pill after only taking it for 2 days as I had irregular bleeding and my dr told me to go back on it for a few weeks but as I kept getting bad cramps and in absolute agony and chest pains (never had that before) with the pill I stopped, now I am bleeding all over again 7 days after AF (sorry TMI) it is just like a normal period and yes pregnacare does delay your period its even worse when your a week late, have 3 positives only to go to the gyno when bleeding and find out its a phantom pregnancy but I put it down to other things so far so good with the pregnacare hoping this month will be our month to conceive.

Just an update on me and to bump this thread...
I stopped taking pregnacare conception this month because I read this thread and hadn't already bought a pack for this month. I figured I might as well take an average multivitamin if I wanted to. So it's CD12, I usually ovulate CD17 and on previous months have only had one day of quite rubbish EWCM. But today I have tons of the stuff! Doing OPKs so will update when I get a positive but I do now think that the pregnacare was changing my mucus and not in a good way x

OMG my EWCM seems to have gone and I am sure thinking about it now its been since starting them! To be on the safe side I am coming off them!! Plus for the first time ever in the last few months I have had spotting before my AF!!

Thanks for that :) my reflexologist also recommended higher levels of B6 than what's in them anyway!

Hey Lou, everyone is different by I didn't get on with B6, I took an extra 50mg a day with my other stuff and found it delayed my cycle by 5 days, so ovulated 5 days after I normally would. My cycle is long anyway so I didn't want it longer so stopped taking it. Read some stuff online where lots of people said the same. Just thought I'd let you know in case you find the same x

Thanks rose I have not heard of that, thank you for the warning :) maybe I will stick to just normal folic acid!? X what do you take?

Lou x

I've taken these vitamins for about a month when was trying for my first baby, maybe it was too short time to notice any changes if it had an effect on me... But I was lucky enough to get pregnant straight away.
I'm so happy I haven't started taking them again now. I was thinking to buy them but decided not to after reading your post.:))) Better to be cautious:)

I didn't know that about b6 either. I have been taking it a few days and am due to ovulate next week so may just stop. My sister always advises me to just stick to what the doc says and just use folic acid so maybe I'll just do that for a while!

I changed 2 months ago to seven seas but can see the difference already

Sorry ladies I haven't been on for ages as trying to be less obsessed with it all this month! But update is that I'm pretty sure I ovulated around midnight last night as I got sharp pains, positive OPKs and temp dip yesterday. I also had four whole days if EWCM this month without pregnacare when I've had only 1 day of it in the months I've been taking it!

I take 400mg folic acid at breakfast time then another 400mg at tea time along with an average superdrug own brand multi vitamin and this month I've taken omega 3 fish oil once a day too - purely because I had a bottle in the house and thought I might as well! X

Fingers crossed for you this month ! :)

I think your meant to stop the multivitamin after bfp though as vitamin A isn't good for little beans :)
I stopped taking my conception vitamins and I'm glad after reading all the stories about them! xx

I've for three packets of pregnacare original for after I get a BFP. Not worried about taking them once I get one, just not taking the conception ones again! X

I've just been taking folic acid atm and took evening primrose from cd1 to cd7 xx

Thanks for posting, I took the green Pregnacare tablets last year after I had my D&C and they made my tummy feel sick, I was really irritable, and I had less EW. Even my OH noticed a difference in me, I stopped taking them after a month and felt back to normal within a few days. My consultant said to just take folic acid & to try and have a healthy diet.

I've just been directed to this thread as I have bought these tablets for this month and now I'm worried. I haven't taken any yet but I got the his and hers pack, does anyone know if there's any issues with the guys tablets?? x

I don't think theres any issues with the guys packet :)
I stopped mine last month and my cycle was shorter but I'm only on third cycle after my pill so im not a reliable indicator haha.
I have the tesco ones for this month and I will be taking them. Cant take multivits as too much vitamin A isnt good when you fall preg, and just taking my folic acid was making me feel ill as I need the iron and b12 as im mostly veggie. So ive decided im just taking them :) if I need the iron then il be better off with them than without xxx

Thanks millielaura, I'm going to research more in to this before we take them! I'm vegetarian too so was happy with the vits & iron in them... will look at the tesco ones when next in x

Yeah I find I don't feel well at all without a form of multivit. Tesco ones are great, mostly exactly the same but half the price! xx

These made my cycles longer after a few months, could be nothing to do with them though, just coincidence.

I've carried on letting OH have 'his'.

I didn't have any issues with ewcm on these though.

I'm now on seven seas trying for a baby, so if my cycles go back to normal length I will know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back