Pregnacare conception tablets warning!

I stopped taking them too and just bought superdrugs own brand of them, and santangen or whatever its called as the darker the tablet the worse it is for you the lighter coloured pink tablets are better and you absorb everything where as the pregnacar just mess your cycle up xx

Thanks violet :) I never knew that about the colour of them! xx

Very interesting, and yet another example of when companies think too much about profit and not about the consumer :( x

Well the darker pregnacare conception or pregnacare, if the tablet is a dark pink instead of light it has too much packed into as well as something to lengthen your cycle/mess it up and give you false positives at first they where fine but then I noticed my cycle was all wacky and I got 3 false positives :( I stopped taking them immediately looked around for something better and researched and the superdrug before pregnancy, during and breast feeding ones are a light pink and have not done anything to my cycles :) hoping these ones are better same for the santagen ones they seem to be pretty good too xx

Thanks so much for this, post I'm glad I read it!
I've been taking these for a couple of months and just yesterday I said to oh that I needed to drink grapefruit juice (which I hate) to help with cm because I seem to have dried up! I've also started having long cycles...I'm on cd19 today with no sign of a peak on my cbfm which I just started using this cycle, but my last cycle went from its usual 30 days to 39 and I think I ov'd around cd 25 rather than cd 16. It may be money down the drain but I'm stopping these now!
Thanks ladies x

I found that my cycle not only increased in length but I bled on and off for 4 days which is not like me and I felt very very sickly after them at first they where good but 2 months after taking them I had really bad on and off periods or none at all causing me to get false positives, Sanatogen ones are brill and so are superdrugs own xx

I've decided to not take these and stick with folic acid until I find the other ones. Oh took his 1st one yesterday so I will be watching out for any unwanted effects! Thanks for this thread, I feel like I narrowly missed a huge hurdle, which of course I don't need! x

Will the tesco own ones be different do you think? The pregnacare are basically the same as them hmm :/xx

I think I'm going to try the Sanatogeb ones as they seem to get good reviews, was thinking of the tesco ones but if they're much the same as pregnacare conception I'm going to give them a miss to be on the safe side.... Does anyone else feel like it's so hard to do right for doing wrong with this ttc business?! x

I've given up and just use folic acid now...

It is so interesting/awful to see so many bad reviews and so many of you have bad experiences of pregnacare conception tabs.

The only bit of advice I would give is if you are taking them and not having a problem I wouldn't worry. I took them for 6 months before TTC as I couldn't find another than had no lactose in, and I also wanted a decent iron amount. I had no problems, and was quick to conceive. Perhaps I am one of few!

I am now taking the pregnacare max tablets, as no other pregnancy vitamin has calcium in it, which I was shocked at.

The biggest downfall i found it the shear size of the buggers!! lol. I think if I hadn't been bothered about the iron and calcium so much I'd have taken a different one just to save a few pounds - they are so expensive!

oh, my hubby took the mens conception ones, and was ok too.

When I was WTT/TTC a lot of people recommended the seven seas ones as a good one. But as so many of you have said, folic acid is the only one that you really should take, the rest is probably personal.

Good luck ladies xx

After stopping these due to them giving me long cycles, pleased to report first cycle since stopping is now back to normal, 26 days! Phew!

Glad to hear this harpy, I'm on my serving long cycle (cd36) when normally around 30 days. Stopped taking these a couple of weeks ago when I read this so hoping to get back to normal soon x

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to thank everyone who posted their experiences as they mirrored mine- false symptoms and delayed AF. Wish I had seen this sooner. Will be ditching these vitamins. I'm just shocked that these are even on sale.

These are what I've been using... I ovulated 16 days late this month... Of course I'm trying to pin that down to something. May or may not be connected. I have never had an off cycle in my life. I've changed to Seven Seas this month anyway, just because they were much cheaper

Hi girls,
Let me suggest very important point here. it is trues that just like every other medication pregnacare might not work for everyone, but i want you to be aware of enemies of progress in this forum. Most of those people that talked negative about this pregnacare used almost the same words, statement and the same conclusion. Be careful not to miss the good things pregnacare has to offer those who are TTC. Here is my story, a friend of mine did IVF 5 times without taking pregnacare, then the 6th time she tried pregnacare and she got BFP. So when i wanted to start Ivf she introduced me to the vitamins, i got BFP just the first IVF. "he who knows how to pound, pound in the mortar, he who does not know how to pound, pound on the floor." Before you take any decision try pregnacare and have faith in it, to see if it is for you. Do not have negative mind while you are trying pregnacare.
i great you all and i wish you the best.

Last edited:
i use centrum pregnancy care, they are for before and during, i only started them this cycle so hopefully we will get our bfp. these have like 19 different things in them x

Everything worls differently for you everyone. I caught first month of taking pregnacare conception and took the pregnancy one all through my pregnancy and after for few months with no ill effects. Im going to start them again this cycle as ttc again. Each to their own I suppose. I would reccommend at least try them and see what you think yourself

I'm feeling quite sad cos a few years after I had my first child andstopped noticing the usual signs of ovulation, no stretchy Vaginal mucus and all plus prolonged cycles running into almost 40days.
My Obgyn discovered I had slightly elevated prolactin levels after I ran some tests and was placed on bromocriptine for over 3months in the later part of last year (2014) and my cycle corrected. For the past 6 months, I have had a 28-29 day cycle with no premenstrual cramps as I usually had so I have been very happy and hopeful as my husband and I have been TTC since January 2015.
I decided to start the prenatal tabs to help myself so I began taking Pregnacare conception tabs about 6weeks ago. Now I have not seen my AF for a week now. And I'm cramping like hell. Did a home PT and it's negative. I'm besides myself with worry. I have stopped the tabs. I dunno if there's anything I can do to help the flow come. I'm feeling miserable especially after I read that some of the ladies here have had similarexperiences. I should have researched more before starting those tablets *sobsobsobsob

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back