pre-eclampsia worry *update*

megsmeadow

Reaction score
I've got an appointment with my GP for first thing tomorrow as I've had a migraine type headache for the last week and a half now. That's quite normal for me really but something is niggling at me to get it checked anyway. The last time the GP took my BP about 5 times until he got a 'normal' reading, which was about 5 weeks ago now and I've not seen anyone since then. I've never had protein in my urine so far. Due to see the MW a week tomorrow but didn't want to wait that long. My hands are swollen but I was putting it down to the carpal tunnel syndrome, and my feet are swollen.
I hope it's nothing, I've been putting off making an appointment which I know I shouldn't have but my worry is growing with this headache.
Hmph!

Last edited:
I hope everything goes alright at the appointment tomorrow. Even if it is nothing at least your getting it checked and it'll put your mind at ease. Being worried about it won't be helping your headache. Really do hope you feel better soon. xx

Your totally right to get it checked out! Even if it is nothing, at least you will have piece of mind! Let us know how it goes xxxx

Oh MM, poor you, on top of everything else. Let us know what your doc says - I'll be thinking of you. I hope everything is normal for you, in my last pregnancy I had swelling like you wouldnt believe; although my BP was normal and wee etc and I didnt have headaches.

Fingers crossed for you xx

Oh no, you poor thing. If its not one thing, its another. I think you do right getting checked, let me know how you get on tomorrow and if there's anything I can do you know where I am. Think of you hun x

Thanks girls! I'm sure I'll get the all clear, I just feel since it's so long since I saw anyone to check BP and urine there's no harm in seeing the GP sooner. I'm sure the worry isn't helping!! The appointment is first thing so I'll be sure to update when I get back!

I remember being admitted a number of times from 33 weeks onwards with protein and high BP, even had injections at 33 weeks to mature babies lungs and in the end had DS on his due date although ended up as emergency section cos he got stuck. Pre-eclampsia should not be taken lightly but for me it came and wentnumerous timesand definately should be checked out! Hope all is okay!!

What a relief!! Urine completely clear and BP 112/74 :dance:
GP thinks the co codamol is actually causing the headache so I'm back on regular paracetamol for the moment and hopefully this headache will shift!!!

I could have hugged the GP on my way out, I did refrain!! Time to relax today I think!!

good to hear you got the all clear. Hope the headache shifts soon :hug:

great to hear all is fine hunni :) it's hard not to worry during pregnancy, so many changes happening!! xxx

And the great thing was the GP was happy that I'd made the appointment rather than making me feel like I was wasting her time! I'm very happy with my new practice!

aw that's even better! whenever i've been worried about anything, they always treat me like i'm a bit stupid in the head.. it's like excuseme, first pregenancy!! what do you expect!? lol xxxx

It makes such a difference. I'd been with the same practice literally all my life until I moved in with my OH and changed to this one. I've gone from a practice in the country with 12 GP's to one in the town with only 3 GP's but they pride themselves on community and accessibility. I hope they're the same when bubs arrives and I'm there every 5 minutes checking if everything is ok :)

lol! aw the new practice sounds a lot better, where abouts do you live? i've changed quite a few times (move around a lot!) and i found the best practice i've been with was in wales, they tried to sort everything out straight away rather than my original GP who let me suffer with the same probblem for like.. 4 years?! ha, lovely. xx

I live in North West Edinburgh, used to live about 10 miles further West in a wee village but the practice served quite a wide population. 4 years?? nightmare!!!

your BP good, my booking in BP was 130/80!! Dread to think what it will be further I go, had 2 c-sections coz of BP xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back