Pre-eclampsia question

kaz1983

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just wondered if you minded me asking this.

MW says Im not pre-eclamptic but they are monitoring me every week with BP and urine.

If unfortunately any of you had pre-eclampsia what did they do liek monitoring wise or did they deliver earlier by induction or section.

Hope this email makes sense I am just forward planning and would rather be informed of what happens as although they have said I am ok Im a little scared I suppose

Thanks in advance xx

My mw discovered that my bp was high at 36 weeks so I had regular bp and urine checks until 37+5 where they found that my bp was up and I had 3+ points of protein in my urine.
The bp on its own wouldn't be enough cause for concern but because of the protein they sent me to triage for bloods and monitoring.
There was a lot of debate over whether to keep me in just for monitoring of bp, urine and bloods but in the end they decided to induce me at 37+6 due to my blood results confirming I as in the early stages of pre eclampsia.
Basically they said the symptoms would only start to improve once baby was delivered but unfortunately he wasn't ready to come out so I ended up waiting until 38+3 to have a c section after 2 failed inductions!

If you do develop pre eclampsia they do tend to just induce u as there's no cure other than getting baby out. They would probably wait for a while if you weren't full term but I suppose it woils depend how severe your symptoms were.

I didn't want to be induced but I'm so glad my mw was on the ball. Sounds like yours is too. Good luck! x

Thanks Kirsty

MW and consultant dont seem concerned with anything so far which you would think would reassure me after all theyre the professionals

The MW team are top notch here and really do look after us nothing is too much trouble for them like your MW - I have only ever had + protein in a urine sample think a couple weeks or so ago

Im glad everything was well with yourself and baby - and that induction is still ok with pre-eclampsia as I always thought that there would be more stress still going throiugh a normal labour if that makes sense

Thanks for your reply x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back