Pre-eclampsia at 37 weeks - did any of you develop this ??

Naterjack

Reaction score
As you may know from my post in 3rd tri, after my BP was high at last Mondays appointment, i had another consultant appointment yesterday.

I monitored my BP all week and rested as per doctors instructions and BP was 140/80 all week with no protein in my pee and my blood tests were fine. However yesterday my BP taken by consultant was 147/89 and there was protein in my urine. They took more blood and sent urine off for checking

The consultant thinks i have mild toxemia (pre-eclempsia) but luckily its come on late in the pregnancy as i am just under 38 weeks now and he didnt seem TOO worried but wants to keep monitoring me. I have another appointment at the hospital Antenatal unit on Thursday to check by BP, urine and tests results and a final consultants appointment next Monday to decide what to do. I am to call them if my BP goes up again (as i test myself at home daily)

So .... getting to my question - Has anyone on here had PET with their babies so late on and if so what happened about delivery ? Did they induce early or leave you full term? Or did they book you in for a c-section?
Did you have to stay in for long after the birth to monitor your BP ? Any other side effects ?

I am a little scared and didnt sleep well last night :(

Hi i developed this about 35 weeks i had a midwife come and take my blood pressure daily but at about 37 weeks i was admitted to hospital and kept in untill i was induced at 39 weeks :hug: :hug: My blood pressure went back to normal after the birth and i stayed in for 2 nights.

i suppose i'm lucky not to be kept in then :wall:
The midwife was shocked that i wasnt admitted last week when BP was 179/97 !

Just a bit nervous now - i know i may meet bubs early but i think its a fear of the unknown
2 nights to stay in isnt too bad though is it

:wave: Hiya, I got it at 38weeks I went for a Midwife appointment and they sent me straight off to hospital and I wasn't allowed to leave lol! I went in on a Wednesday afternoon and they induced me on the Sunday they wanted to on the Saturday but I was too scared Inducement seemed like the point of no return for me! Anyways Ivy was born early monday morning and they kept me in for 6days (I had a normal birth). It was meant to be 5days but they kept messing about and only took one lot of bloods after I had her so they panicked because they had no records.

I would think as they kept me in for that long it would be the same for you if you got to the point where they induce you because of it. But because you have been allowed home as long as you look after yourself, and they haven't seen the need to keep you in hospital they might let you home sooner. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i got PET at 33 ish weeks and they induced me at 36+6, i had steriods for her lungs jsut to be on the safe side, i would imagine they will continue to montior you and if things change for the worse then they will induce you.

I got it at 36 weeks and after monitoring I was induced at 38 weeks with a very underweight baby :shock:

I had it from week 32/33 and was kept in hospital until 38 weeks and they induced me then. I was very well looked after and ate like a queen! :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back