Pram doesn't fit in the car - argh! Such a knobber...

Rayoflight

Reaction score
Hubby and I bought our pram on the 31st July and of course it came in a load of massive boxes which we did struggle to fit in the car and ended up having to lie across the back seat.

When I got home that day we assembled it and it's been sat in the dining room ever since.

Only today did I decide to test if it actually fits in the car boot... and it doesn't!!!! The base will just about fit in the boot but when you try and put the seat bit in too it's nearly tearing the material on the chassis and I'm having to ram it in so the seat and carrycot part has to go on the back seat. Kind of defeats the object of buying what I thought was a compact pram.

I am such a knobber.

We're just going to have to sell the car and get one with a bigger boot! I am NOT swapping my pram.

Last edited:
I like this! I havent tried my pram in my car yet the car seat only just fits in as its a tight squeeze fingers crossed!

oh no what a complete pain :eek:(

what pram did you buy?

ahh thats really annoying!! hopefully getting a bigger car will solve the issue :rofl: thats what i would do!

We have two prams in the car and two in the house but we bought a people carrier just sober can fit them all in i didn't want to compromise my prams lol!! Am buying another pram soon as well lol! We have two strollers a pink and a blue one and a pink pram for my older two we keep the two pink ones in the car but I need the blue stroller in the house for my son when I take my DD to school but we always forget to put it in when we go out :wall: I have my travel system in the house for the baby and a sling but going to buy a unisex pushchair to keep in the house for my son and get a buggy board on the back (I don't want a buggy board on my travel system lol) going to make sure its unisex for when baby gets bigger and sling hurts me then the poor darling won't have to be pushed around in a pink pram when were out haha!! And it's only gonna be for school runs lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh dear we have not seen if our fits... well its a very big boot but he got all his tools there and i dont think he would swap his toold for a pram so i think me n noa will be stuck on a bus wherever we go :doh:

oh sheesh,

i had the same probs when i looked after my niece earlier this year, i had to have her pushchair in the footwell of the back seats under her, :wall2:
so made me consciously think when i picked my pram (iv got the silvercross 3d) that it fits in my clio,

i did want the cosatto pram but tried it n wouldnt fit in my car anyway, n cant afford to get rid of my car or swop it really so had to get the pram to fit the car,lol

would ur pram not fit in if u angle it in differently, this is what i had to to with nieces mclaren one to get it in, i ended up puttin wheels in first in the passenger side of the boot, then the handels had to sit above the parcel shelf n take it off,

or would the place u got it from not swop it if u take it bak n try n exchange it for a simalar if sellin the car isnt realistic? :oooo:

xxx

No this is a good thing - I want to sell the car! We bought a BMW last year when I was offered a really well paid job (for once!) that meant I'd be travelling 800 miles a week. Foolishly bought the car before contracts had been signed and the job fell through as the recession really hit. We were going to sell it straight away but hubby loved it, was a boy thing to have a nice shiny black beemer. So we made some sacrifices and kept the car.

I've been saying we need to sell the car for ages due to finances when the baby arrives and my pay stops. He's been on the phone to my bro-in-law all night who sells cars and looks like we might have a 54 plate focus for about £2k so I'm really pleased. Means we'll have extra cash whilst on maternity as long as we can sell the BMW.

I'm so glad that pram doesn't fit!

I'm off to buy our pram in a couple of weeks and will be making sure to ask the store if I can test to see if it fits first, lol. We can't affors a new car either so it has to be one that fits :D

xxx

aww rayoflight ur plan worked well then hun, well done! lol

oh i quite fancy a focus when i get a new car (more like if than wen at the mo tho) let us know if the pram fits in!! lol

xxx

We're just going to have to sell the car and get one with a bigger boot! I am NOT swapping my pram.

Love it!!!! put him in his place if you can

I am perservering with an audi a3 sport hatch and about to have baby number 2. once bubs hits 1, there is no way we will all be travelling together.

Picked up my jane powertwin pram today and it fits, just, with parcel shelf removed. (actually fits better than the silvercross 3D I had for DS1)

his answer, get a new pram, not changing my car. HE IS SUCH A NOBBER!!!!

Think i will just save for a megane scenic, i can get one (02 plate) for 1k, which would do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back