Car seat...GRRRR!!!!

LinsG

Reaction score
We bought our travel system from mothercare (inc car seat) ages ago. We went into mothercare yesterday to buy a base for the car seat so that the seat can just be lifted in and out. They brought out the base to check it fitted in the car..it didn't. The woman then said to check if the seat we had bought fitted..it didn't!!!! She couldn't beleive that someone had sold us the travel system without making us aware that all seats do not fit all cars, never mind the fact that she should have checked that it fitted herself!! :evil: Needless to say we weren't very impressed!! We ended up spending hours in mothercare trying to figure out what to do and the upshot is that we had to return the travel system and choose a pram and car seat that don't fit together becasue none of the travel system car seats would fit in our car. So, we've ended up with a gorgeous silvercross pram and seperate car seat. I'm annoyed at mothercare but we've actually eneded up with a better, more gorgeous pram!

So sorry for the rant girls!!!
If you've already bought your travgel system make sure it fits in yuour car!!

We had to sell our car as *no* car seats at all would fit into it :(

leckershell said:

omg what car did you have??

:shock:
I just thought that all seats fitted into all cars, except the isofix don't go in older cars???

alfie said:
leckershell said:

omg what car did you have??

It was a Honda Civic Coupe. It was the Coupe bit that did it, the seats were just too small and angled all wrong. We were looking at getting the seats modified but it would decrease the safety of the car seat and cost quite a bit too, so we just got a new car :(

We have the maxicosi car seat as it goes with our Quinny Buzz travel system, but even though it's one of, if not *the* smallest, it wouldn't fit.

So yeah. Always get it checked out!

PIC-0136.jpg

I made my hubby try it out a few weeks ago and it fits, thank God.

laetitia85 said:
I made my hubby try it out a few weeks ago and it fits, thank God.

Did you have it fitted in the shop you bought it Laetitia?

So how can you check without going instore, are there any websites or anything?

Good Advice...
I was thinking of getting one fitted permanently...?
I have a carry tot type just to come home with... but i thought maybe the fixed ones would be safer? ?

I think i will go and check it fits in the morning... just incase i have a mad rush now to get another one...... :think: Yvonne x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back