Potty Training advice

BigsisterSoph

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just looking for advice on potty training. Our lg is 2years and 4 months and I was wanting to try potty training her (I'm due twins in April so would be good to have her trained by then, if she's ready of course). Just wondering what people do when out and about? Also at bed time do you put a nappy on them? Never done this before so feeling a bit lost! Thanks x

Wow, twins! Congratulations!

I'm not the best person to offer advice as my son at 3 years is still horrific and wetting himself randomly. Yes, we still use nappies for bedtime/naps. Out and about I just put him in pants and carried spare pair of trousers and pants with me. We also bought a travel potty which has been useful whilst on the road.

Good luck :)

My daughter was that age when I potty trained her. We spent a week at home getting her used to going to the potty. Then we ventured out on a few short trips and I brought her potty with me and stopped every 30 or so minutes to check if she needed to go. I used lots of bribery in the form of smarties etc. After a couple of weeks she was able to tell me when she wanted to go rather than me having to contininuously ask her. It took about a month before she felt brave enough to go on the toilet. When it came to poos she was more anxious about those but it probably took a good couple of months before she did those in the toilet happily. She's currently a month shy of being 3 and in the last month had started taking herself to the toilet. She still wears nappies at night time but is fine to not wear them if she naps.
So for us it took a while aS she gradually built up the confidence to progress to each step. Don't know if I'd waited till she was older if she wouldve mastered it all a bit more quickly. Who knows! Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back