advice on potty training

mrs h

Reaction score
Hi has anyone any advice on potty training?
Like what age you attempt it ( i have read in one book i think gina ford and it says to start from 9 months!!)
Has anyone just used a toilet trainer seat and not used a potty?
How long did it take for your baby to be toilet trained.
thanks

i have only recently tried putting my little girl on potty, kaitlin is 20 months old..She is not very keen about it and sometimes whinges..When i see her pushing for a poo i pull her pull up down and sit her on the potty and she goes, but i keep trying a routine of it i put her on about 15 mins after breakfast lunch and dinner if poss.I read this in a book.. So far not to good as she is not taking to it..Let me know if you get anymore advice x

ive been told to start sitting alice on a potty when i think she is going to poop.

im going to wait until she is ready, im sure she will let me know :D

Before the age of two, babies are not capable of recognising that they want to go to the toilet and are not really capable of holding it. They have only developed emotionally and phisically at this age. Anything you achieve, baby using potty, is more luck than anything else. For instance, if you start putting LO on the potty when you think she is going to do something, and she doesnt object, and does something, it is because you were observant, not because your baby is able to use the potty independently. I suggest you start when the little one is two, and be patient - it takes time and a lot of knickers !!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lisa

Why the need to rush? I won't start before Kai is 2 and only when he is showing signs.

Is it to say that I have a potty trained 12 month old??? It just seems to me that some parents always, always have to reach the milestones quicker than others.

I am not trying to rush her i want her to do things in her own time.. It was just that some family had said maybe i should try her.. I am 20 yrs old with just the one child so sometimes i feel pushed into doing thinhgs that my family say..But i am not putting her in it anymore as she does not like it...Just want to do best for her

kelly-mum-2-be said:
I am not trying to rush her i want her to do things in her own time.. It was just that some family had said maybe i should try her.. I am 20 yrs old with just the one child so sometimes i feel pushed into doing thinhgs that my family say..But i am not putting her in it anymore as she does not like it...Just want to do best for her

I'm the same! My mums been nagging at me to potty train Aimee for months. Yes she will tell me when she done a poo but it doesn't mean shes ready. I waited till Jess was about 26 months to try her and it was so easy cos she was actually ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back