Potty Training Out & About

Vicki83

Reaction score
Well we're into the 3rd day of potty training, Soph's doing great and only had 1 wee accident but the thing I'm wondering about is when we go out do we put a nappy on her or just her pants?? I really don't want her having an accident when we're out and then being freezing cold, but I don't want to confuse her by putting a nappy on? The thing is she doesn't tell me when she needs to go now, she just goes to her potty, does what she has to do and then comes and tells me!

Any advice would be great :D

Put a bin liner on her buggy seat and always carry a change of clothes wiht you. You could buy her a toilet seat that slips over public loo seats (and your loo seat at home) :) Either that or take her potty out with you :)

Edit - And I also always put a fleece blanket over Isaac's legs to keep him warm, especially if he has an accident when we are out (touch wood he never has) :)

We've been training for just over a week now and she is doing fab.

I have one of those trvel potettes and haven't needed to use it yet. :D

I always try and get Gabriella to use the potty before going out; I also take a change of clothes just in case.
So far she has doen brilliantly and even used the big toilet when we were out; I just held her over it.

I personally wouldn't put a nappy on as I think it's a bit confusing. Just go out and be prepared; accidents do happen but you'll feel better about them if you are prepared.

Good luck hun :hug:

Thanks for the advice girls! I appreciate it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back