Post pregnancy body - The truth?

I'm expecting to have a wobbly muffin top lol.
4th pregnancy and this is twins so the odds are against me. But hey, my OH like my wobbly backside LOL

I weighed myself at the start of this month, exactly a year after my booking appointment, and I was the same weight less a pound. So I think I've done not too badly. I don't feel confident with my body but that's mostly because of my scars (plural because I had to have gallbladder surgery 6 weeks postpartum, I have 4 scars from that as well as my big c-section scar). Everyone says I look really good, but I've just mastered the art of tucking my tummy into well-designed jeans or trousers. I wore my maternity jeans up to 4 months after but I decided that was too long and put them all away. But they're soooo comfy!!

Just find lots of things with high waistlines to hide the wobbly bits at first, and don't be ashamed to go a size up. I was a ten before, now I'm a 12, but I sometimes buy a 14 to be more comfy. There's no shame - you've had a baby so it's fine!!

i am 2.5 weeks post baby and i am lighter now than i was at booking appt. saying that i think its cos iv pretty much not stopped lol...i was a section btw. my stomach just needs toning its still a little wobbly. but i habr found as my stomach has shrunk so much i have gainedbstretchers now :(

ill try and take a piccie xx

Squeakz what do you mean you have not stopped? I ended up having a section, so I'm 5 days pp and my uterus is contracting fine, I haven't had the bother to try on any of my old clothes yet I feel my belly has reduced a lot of course from bump but is wobbly with stretchmarks ahh but I don't mind the marks too much will go back to moisturizing once the scar heals.

been run off my feet with hosp visits and then juggling a 2 year old and a neeborn etc erc x

Well I'm ten weeks postpartum and I've only just started to tackle my weight.

I gained 3st whilst pregnant :shock: I lost a stone as soon as I had baby but the fact we lived on takeaways and convenience food for the first month (then it was Crimbo) meant I actually gained 5lbs after having James!!

I don't feel guilty though. It was a shock to the system having this little thing that demanded me all the time (some nights I just couldn't have cooked a dinner - I was too tired or I was attached to my breastpump or James needed constant attention)

Once the haze cleared a little it was the festive period so I overindulged a little too much but hey ho.

I didn't get a single stretch mark whilst preggers (I was 9 days overdue in the end and had a monster bump) but I am looking to lose weight from tummy, thighs and bingo wings :lol:

I was a size 10 pre-pregnancy (8st 5lb) but I was carrying some weight from last Crimbo so I aim to get back to 8st which is where I am happiest... I have a long way to go!

I am not embarrassed of my body as it is though, I've just had a baby afterall. OH is still very complimentary so that helps...

I loved my pregnant body [I used to walk around naked at any given chance] and miss my bump loads LOL!!

xxxxxxxxx

Very early days of being preggers:

013.JPG

016.JPG

Due date:
002.JPG

xxxxxxxxx

I didnt put much weight on at all, but because im quite petite and my bumo was so big in comparison, im left with quite a flabby belly. I was in good shape before pregnancy, so that didnt make a difference for me unfortunately. Some of my old jeans fit, but most dont as my hips are bigger and my body shape has.changed. My legs arent so bad as I did years of ballet so have always been toned and stayed active with work throughout pregnancy and went for walks each day. Need to have a.major body overhaul!! Xx

My fat fingers can't spell! x

My belly is wibbly wobbly like jelly and full of stretch marks that itch like crazy.
Hope I can tackle it once Katie is in a routine so I can start doing stuff.

4 days post partum!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359982287.958360.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359982301.428303.jpg

I am b-feeding which I think helps, can really feel my tummy pulling in as he sucks!

Well done, I could feel my muscles tighten too when i was feeding and tummy definitely was going back quite quickly. Its the general.weight i struggled shifting but thats bad eating lol

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

oh wow, toni! Hope I'm like you - you look amazing! Did you do exercise before? I do quite a lot of swimming, cycling and running (am in a triathlon club) and am hoping that that will help with "bouncing back"! Could also do with having the baby at 37 weeks too as I'm bridesmaid at my brother's wedding 4 weeks after my due date!!

oh wow, toni! Hope I'm like you - you look amazing! Did you do exercise before? I do quite a lot of swimming, cycling and running (am in a triathlon club) and am hoping that that will help with "bouncing back"! Could also do with having the baby at 37 weeks too as I'm bridesmaid at my brother's wedding 4 weeks after my due date!!

Orr thank you and I'm ashamed to say I NEVER excersise, never did before getting pregnant or during with either kids : / and I eat rubbish!! Just think I naturally seem to have a good metabolism, but I'm sure I'm going to have to really watch it now. And tummy is a little wibbly so may start doing sit ups in a couple of weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back