Weight Loss/Exercise After Pregnancy

mummytoBee

Reaction score
for some reason i cant stop thinking about the muscle burn feeling u get when ur workin out, i cant WAIT to start exercising and losing my weight. i was a size 14 before i got pregnant and i have put on so much weight EVERYWHERE..my chin my cheeks..my arms..legs..bum..i feel so uncomfortable n sweaty n just basically fat :( whats the best thing to do to lose weight and exercise after uv had a baby. i know its not the most important thing in the world being slim etc but ive never felt so motivated i cant wait to feel the aching burn of a work out lol. im just so unhappy with my body change, ive got stretchmarks rly bad on my hips..belly..right down my thighs and i just feel so depressed as i have only just turned 19 :( i feel like a wreck

Just take it easy - try going for some walks or swimming. That is meant to be good. Don't overdo it though, just listen to your body and remember it takes 9 months to put on so could take 9 months to come off :hug:

hi

I agree dont over do it for me after having Kiara i still hadent lost all of it by the time Kiara was 8 months andi was pregnant again .
Katrina

It depends upon how the birth goes, but you'll most probably be too exhausted during the first few weeks to even think about it. Usually by about six weeks you can start again with gentle excercise (walking's the best) and build it up from there.
If you're really determined to lose the weight then you will, just remember you've got time and don't push yourself too much.

:hug:

Breast feeding helps kick start the weight loss after birth. Generally you need to wait at least 6 weeks before you start exercising. You also need to wait the stomach muscles to return to the correct position before you can do sit ups etc. You test it by putting 2 fingers into your belly button (while lieing on your back), then lift your head and shoulders up a bit (kind of half a sit up). If you can feel the muscles on your finger s then you are OK. If not, then you need to wait longer.

I've lost quite a bit since having Austin. I'm breastfeeding, which helps a lot. Apart from that, I've walked quite a lot. I try to walk for about an hour a day, and have done since Austin was about 4 weeks old. I don't walk fast, just wander down to the river or over to my mum's house. Don't do too much, too soon.

i haven't lost a thing yet :cry: meant to be getting married in april and looking for dresses soon. i have tried really hard done 200% more excercise than i ever did and eat reasonably sensibly always on the go with luke, it just ain't shifting :cry:

Take it easy for the first 6 weeks if you have a natural birth and if you have a c section you need to wait at least 3 months before you start exercise again. You'll be too tired to even think about exercise to be honest. Walking is brill though and good for baby with the fresh air!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back