Post pregnancy body - The truth?

Zal88

Reaction score
Right, I am sick of seeing stick thin celeb mums lol so what's the truth how did your bump look after it was deflated? What about stretchmarks? And just generally everything else lol

I want to make sure I have the right expectations, because now I think I'll have my old body back and I think I need to stop living in denial lol

no idea but am very interested in the answers so am marking this thread!!

I always think that celebs give a false impression of how easy it is to get your body back.

On the other hand, I have also heard that it depends on your body beforehand, what shape you were in physically etc.

Would also be interesting to hear from people how long it took them to get back to how they looked before etc.

I'll be interested in reading the answers on this one too. I think it varies a lot. I have a friend who was thin as a rake before she was pregnant and went straight back into her normal clothes, my sister visited her in hospital within 24 hrs of having a baby and she had no tummy at all, whereas other friends have still looked kind of pregnant for at least a few days after, some have really struggled to get their pre-pregnancy bodies back at all.

I didnt manage to lose baby weight and i still looked a bit pregnant when coming outcof the hospital. But then i had a big bump.
I didnt have stretchmarks so cant comment but post pregnancy wasnt the same for me. Maybe if i got rid of the baby fat, would have been a different story.
I.know women who did and they look fab - but it required toning up rtc

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

When u have the baby u do still have a belly. its just nothing in it lol! strech marks shrivel as the belly shrivels coz obviously its not strecthed any more. Lukily i lost my baby weight pretty much straight away. but unless ur a celeb and can afford a nip tuck then it aint all glam lol x

I was back in my pre pregnancy jeans 3 weeks after having Cameron but there are some of my old clothes that I can't wear anymore as my hips and thighs are wider. My tummy does stick out a bit when i sit down but its flat when i stand up. Its riddled with stretch marks and wobbly. I weigh the same now as before i was preggers but def need to tone. I'm a size ten now and was an eight to ten bfore pregnancy.

I'll try and upload a piccy in a bit. Then you will have the complete naked truth! Lol!

XX

I had a section so looked about 5 months pregnant for a week or so after . Although saying that 4 weeks later I was a stone lighter than pre pregnancy so my clothes were too big lol ! Tummy was a bit like jelly but it soon tightened up a fair bit by 3 months after . I got pregnant again after that so my stretch marks never got much chance to change and now are longer and even more prominent :( hoping to b so lucky losing weight this time! Everyone is different though honey just make sure you eat right xx

This is me 14 weeks after having baby

XX

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpeg
    attachment-1.jpeg
    5.6 KB · Views: 89
I think its about 3 months postnatal. Stomach wasnt as flat as before but i.never lost all the weightuploadfromtaptalk1357656546359.jpg

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

After both my children my body went back to looking like it did pre-pregnancy. After my second I had a tiny low down bump but within a week my stomach was as flat as it was before pregnancy. I didn't gain any more stretch marks after my second and I have none on my tummy itself, they're all on my hips. I didn't have particularly big bumps though with either baby.

I had a mass of stretch marks on my tummy and after the birth I looked pregnant for a good week. MJ was 9lb 12oz so he stretched me to my limit, my tummy hung quite low and was very deflated. The skin on my tummy feels saggy and looks wrinkly. It is very very slowly getting back to normal but still have an overhang. I'm still two sizes bigger than I was post pregnancy and I only gained 3 stone. Just a totally different body shape. Still have a stone to go before I'm back to pre baby weight. Oh and my boobs are like a spaniel dogs ears. BUT my little boy makes it all worth it!!!

Last edited:
I still looked 20 weeks pregnant for a good few days after birth n now 7 months on im in a size 8-10 was a size 6-8.

I do alot of walking. i have a jelly belly still but i now have curves. alot of work to do.

Fortunatelt bo stretchmarks x

For a little while after having Mia my belly was just wobbly and looked like cellulite but it goes. My baby weight has gradually gone by itself. I've got 5 lbs left to lose and it's happened with not much trying. I would say my tummy is flat when I stand up but there's def a baghier bit in the middle when I sit down. A bit of overhang. I didn't get any stretch marks. Tbh I'm much happier with how I look than I thought I'd be.
I'd just say be realistic, it'll take time for your body to get back to normal. 9 months on, 9 months off........
Breastfeeding def helps, even if you can't manage to carrying like me. I did it for 10 days and it pulled my tummy back in. You can literally feel it contract back in. Quite painful at times.
Tbh you won't worry about how you look, you're too caught up in everything with your baby. Good luck :) xx

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I feel better knowing all of your experiences, I already have a lot of stretchmarks but not fussed about them just about the flabby belly that I'll be stuck with.

The pics are amazing, your bodies look great I'll be happy with that!

The skin on my tummy is flabby but I wouldn't say I look pregnant still.
My main problem is stretch marks :(

SO lost my baby weight quickly but my tummy is definitely more jelly like. X

I lost most my belly just after giving birth. When I left the hospital I didn't really look pregbant. As for stretch marks lol. Mine weren't too bad when I had a bump but they looked awful after! They look a lot bigger in length and width! Though I love them haha. They are still as obvious now 10 weeks later. Good luck xx

my belly was flat but really wobbly like an apron straight after birth was pretty horrible but after a few days breast feeding the wobble reduces loads!! my stretch marks were all around my belly and they just look like wrinkles now, i was on my prepregnancy 26inch waist jeans a few days after labour, they r tight tho but im still in them haha!! the only part of me i dont like is my va-jay-jay!! i had a small episiotomy with stitches and i had a look there the other day (4 weeks post baby) and it still looks really open.. sorry tmi i no but i thought id tell the truth!

also a quick question... im doing my pelvic floor exercises religiously but when i went to the loo i tried to stop my wee mid flow i couldnt do it!! am i not doing it right??

I didn't put on too much weight, I was only a stone heavier after the birth than I was pre-pregnancy and managed to get back in normal jeans 3 days after birth and shed the rest of my baby weight plus a stone breastfeeding but I'm still a size 16 like I was before getting pregnant as my tummy is definitely less toned than it was.

I ended up with some stretch marks which are still visible but getting fainter all the time although I don't expect they'll ever fade entirely, I don't mind though, I think of them as my 'baby stripes'!

I was shocked straight after giving birth how disgusting my stomach looked though, it was a real surprise to me how saggy it was, I just hadn't thought about what it would look like! It started to shrink back very quickly though and I forgot all about my stomach for about 3 days anyway as I was all caught up with Rory. Plus I spent 2 nights in hospital due to a tear so I didn't really get a chance to see myself in the mirror or anything to worry about it! :D

My body completely pinged back. Aside from a few tiny tiny stretch marks I can not tell I ever had a baby. Tummy is flat, but a bit bouncy hehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back