Possibly piles??

lrb

Reaction score
Surely piles two weeks after giving birth isn't related??
Sorry for (tmi)!!!
I havent even needed to strain, infact I've been worried its been very much the opposite!!
How do I know if I have them??
Sore when going loo, like passing glass, bright red blood when I wipe, sore when sitting down-but could be my stitches!
Any advice??
Thanks xxx

I have had this too... Developed about three weeks after giving birth and still have them... :-(. Definitely sounds like piles - and apparently can be pregnancy and giving birth related. I am using anusol cream, but hasn't improved things to be honest... Am going to mention it to dr at my 6 week check later this week.
Hope yours improve quicker than mine have... It's really unconpmfortable... :-(

Do you actually have the lumps there? Sorry tmi!!! I don't seem to have any but have the symptoms :/ x

Yes, some lumps! :-(. Think they can be inside too - so might not be obvious they are there...

sorry girls but i am 7 weeks on nearly and i still have piles

I had this aswell and I felt no lumps. I've got my scan for 3rd degree tear at end of month so gonna ask there if I have piles as its a rectal scan (barf!) dreading it too

awww bless you :( cant imagine how sore it must be to have piles and a tear in that area :( mine is bad enough

Sounds like piles to me :hug:

I have a few as well, they don't appear to be bothering me that much at the minute though.

I have suffered with them for years since having all my babies, the stuff you buy at the chemist is rubbish, I even had operations on mine and they still came back :( but lots of warm baths helps reduce the swelling also ice packs help to numb them but go to your GP and tell them the over the chemist stuff doesn't work, I was given some great stuff for them, it doesn't make them go away for me but keeps them and the pain under control xxx

Last edited:
I have suffered with them for years since having all my babies, the stuff you buy at the chemist is rubbish, I even had operations on mine and they still came back :( but lots of warm baths helps reduce the swelling also ice packs help to numb them but go to your GP and tell them the over the chemist stuff doesn't work, I was given some great stuff for them, it doesn't make them go away for me but keeps them and the pain under control xxx

You mean they could last for years? :(.

I've had piles for 14 years (since my first pregnancy) mine now need to be surgically removed or I'll have them forever x

Depends, some people are lucky and they do clear up, hope u are one of them, I have tried everything, I had them removed and they still came back and after the operation it was hell, would have been worth it if they never came back :( but thank god I have good stuff from my GP so I'm not in agony with them any more xxx

Was the surgery really bad? I've heard you can have ultrasound on them?? What does your GP prescribe for you? x

For me it was awful, sore as hell after and they still came back! I'm on scheriproct suppositories and ointment, took a while for it to kick in but it works great for me now xx

Does it shrink them at all or just numb them? I've heard the surgery is one of the most painful you can have x

They cut them off but tell you there is a chance you can get them back but they were so awful at the time that I just went through with it but once I was done healing, they came back, was a nightmare :( my hubby had his injected so they shrunk and he was fine once the pain went after having it done, just depends, I couldn't go through it all again so I just stick with what the GP put me on now and it seems to be doing the job. It shrinks them and they go back inside (sorry tmi) and the pain goes.

Last edited:
See that's all I want, for them to go inside and be cosmetically better as they really get me down. Some days there's just a tiny skin tag there then others (like today) they look like bollocks! I've heard about the injection (ouch) wouldn't you think they'd put numbing cream on them first???
I might ask for the treatment you're having. It would be great if they could do it under an epi after this birth, don't know if they would or if the pain would be too much after a birth x

They wont do them after the birth, they send you out an appointment anyway good luck hun in whatever you choose, hope it works for you xxxx

Cheers hun, I've had them this long, sure I can put up with another 9 months xx

Years!! Omg! I feel for you all. Hope mine will clear up! Going to make a drs app soon!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back