Positive test today!!!

Frankie_Lou

Reaction score
Found out this afternoon that im definitely pregnant. I knew weeks ago when my period never turned up but tests were adamant I wasn't. Since then my boobs have grown and got sore, i wee like an elephant, fall asleep half way through a shift at work and every day I've felt queasy for at least a couple of hours. After another period failed to show up I finally decided to take another tsat this afternoon and finally it says 'pregnant 3+'. Counting back to my last period I think I'm about 8 weeks.
Im so excited, feels like we've been trying forever, really its only been about a year bt its been long enough. My OH won't let me say anything to anyone until I've seen a doctor and had it confirmed but I just want to shout it from the rooftops! I'll be on the phone first thing in the morning trying to get an appointment.
Im so happy but finding out for definite after weeks of suspecting is really bizarre, its quite overwhelming really!

Just got off the phone with my doctor, he says he doesn't need to see me I just have to have a nurse check my blood pressure on Monday. He'll refer me to the midwife who'll get in touch to book a 12 week scan!
So I've just rung my mum to see if shes free for a cuppa tomorrow but I have absolutely no idea how to tell her. She's always said she's too young to be a grandma yet (she had me at 18, now she's still only 42) but she did know we were trying after my cousin accidentally blurted it out at christmas. Im not sure if she'll just get over the age thing and just be happy for us. Hope so cos I'm so bloody excited I didn't sleep last night x

Congratulations :)

I'm sure your mum will be over the moon. My oh parents are about the same age and had always said ooooo we don't wanna be grandparents too early, but when we told them they were so excited and happy for us! Plus being a young grandparent is a good thing, they will be able to do more with the new addition!!!

Hope it goes well for you Xx

congratulations.. a friend of mine of had a baby and his mum is around the same age as your mum and she just point blankly at the moment refuses to be called nan haha....
Im sure shell be happy for you xxx

Congratulations, it is wonderful news. I wept (for joy) when I found out I was pregnant last week. I'm holding off telling people until I am much further along, but I'm finding it really difficult!

Awww huge congrats, your mum will be delighted. Took my mum a while to come round to the idea but she can't wait now xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back