2 Positive tests but took norethisterone? Please Read :-)

ButterflySkye

Reaction score
Me and my partner went on holiday and I was due on my period on the 23rd of July. As being on holiday I didn't want to come on so I went to my doctors to collect Noresthisterone as It delays periods.

23rd came and I didn't have my period and then a few days later had bad stomach cramps so took the tablets as it felt like a period pain, I took them for about 4 days. Once you stop taking them you then come on 2-3 days later. Ive taken them before and thats been the case.

However 3 weeks later and still no period. I've just had period pains like stomach cramps for the time I've not had a period. Ive had extremely sore breasts and felt sick for a few days but that was it.

I took a test yesterday morning and it came back with a weird result. There were two lines but one slightly fainter. So I booked an appointment with my DR and he said that deff looks positive. But because I took norethisterone he said your not ment to get pregnant which taking them. However the tablets do not contain hCG (the pregnancy hormone). There are just a minor contraceptive. So I have to wait another week to go back to the dr to confirm and do another test.

Being paranoid as I am I did another test this morning and it also said positive. I used the First Response Test, first one I used was Tesco own brand and this time 2 lines came instantly!! Im just having cramping pains and the odd back pain but the cramping pains seem to be one place one time and another at another time! but still no period.

I just feel really weird. When I look in the mirror I almost notice a bump. The dr said he said it deff sounds as if im pregnant but hes just unsure due to tablets. Although 2 tests later and still positive. I feel a tiny bit sick but nothing much. He said I would be 8 weeks pregnant, 9 next week.

If anyone knows anything or has any advice please reply!! Thanks for taking the time to read :)

BS xxxx

iv taken norethisterone befor and as far as i know it is not a contraceptive hun so it is very possible to get preg on it the cramping etc is normal in early pregnancy id push your gp into an early scan to check all ok as you dont know how far preggers you are it could be you ovulated just befor you took tabs and are not as far or you could be a few months x congrats x

Thanks for the reply its really appreciated. Are false positive pregnancy tests common? Im worried im going to go to the DRs next week and be told Im not pregnant, as Im sooooo hoping I am. Im going to go with the tests ive taken so far! I know the FR tests are sensitive but how good are the DR's ones? xx

False positives are pretty rare especially in major brands- sounds like you're preg hon. Do a clear blue digital to confirm it in your own mind- it'll also tell you how far along you are. X

Sounds like a BFP to me:) Congratulations x

Good luck to you Hun, hope you get another BFP next week X

Im feeling awful tonight. I have awful crampings. They are bareable but causing discomfort. I get them worse when I get up and get active. When Im sat and relax feels better. I feel like im going to have a huge period. Im soooo worried and just no idea what to do. Dr wont see me till Friday and test me then because of the tablets I took. Im going to do another test in the morning just to be sure. My stomach feels like a balloon. Also making gurgling sounds. Im also getting a very sharp pain below the trouser line which builds up for a few seconds, comes, and then goes. had this a few times these past weeks. I usually get those when Im going to come on too. Also my partner is getting annoyed with how paranoid I am something is going to go wrong and I still wont be sure until Friday!!

Thanks for anyone who reads my rant! Im off to bed now lol!

BS xx

How did you get on this morning BS? xx

Another positive! I used the FR tests again. Cant believe how expensive they can be but they are worth it to keep my mind at risk. Im keeping them to take to the DR's on Friday just incase his test comes back Negative. Just worried about period pains now :(

((((HUGS)))) BS, Try not to worry (coming from mrs worrywort herself:roll:) I am sure you are PG and the pains are probably just early pregnancy niggles xxx

Im expecting! I went to the hospital as pains were sore and no worries im deff pregnant! Im 8 and half weeks or so, got to have an appointment with a midwife first to have a scan. Hard to believe until I have a scan but im very happy. Our bump is called bean sprout!

Congrats!! Skipping most of tri1 in one giant leap!! Gets most of the worry out of the way! :D Really happy for you hun.

xxx

WOOO HOOO Fab news!! CONGRATS!!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance: xxxx

If people have a weak stomach then dont read this post :) Ive recently been to the toilet and experience alot of blood in my stool, bearing in mind i havent been to the toilet since about Wednesday! Im guessing this could be it. Ive experienced it before I feel pregnant thats why im not too worried. Anyone else got any ideas?

I still dont feel pregnant :'(

Hey BS,

I would guess one of 2 things

1. Pregnancy is causing constipation and cos it was hard you bleed a little

or

2. Piles are common in pregnancy so it could be that a pile has burst while you were pushing.

Hope that might ease your mind xxxx

Many congrats hun, hope you have a happy healthy 9 months xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back