Im back from my early scan....

Jaidy

Reaction score
......and its good news :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I had to have a normal ultrasound but they couldnt see much this way so I had to have an internal vaginal scan (which was uncomfortable but ok.) We saw the yolk sac and this tiny little grain of rice which was our baby and he/she had a heartbeat! So cute and SO relieving....

However they seem to think that im about 5 weeks pregnant as this is what the baby is measuring and I thought I was 7 weeks on wed....calculated from my last period. If I was 5 weeks then when I took my test I would have been only a couple of weeks pregnant which does make sense but I thought they always dated you from your last period???

Its confusing, cos in theory I would be 5 weeks pregnant cos for the first 2 weeks you havent conceived have you....and if they are saying im only 5 weeks then my last period would have only been 5 weeks ago and it wasnt it was 7? :think: Confusing!!!!

But anyway im mega relieved and so pleased to be 5/7 ish weeks pregnant lol.

Il found out for defo about my dates when I have my dating one anyway, which will probably be another 2 weeks later now anyway boo hoo!

Thanks for all your support and concern ladies :hug:

Great news :cheer:
I had this problem with dates iv had several early scans which put me earlier than i thought i was but at my dating scan they put me forward! Anyway the main thing is you have a baby in there with a heartbeat :cheer: :cheer:

If you are sure of your 'first day of last period' date then you are probably more than likely right that you are actually 7 and not 5 weeks. It's hard for them to measure accurately at this stage as they only have a teeny tiny bean to measure and is why they wait till 12 weeks for the 'official' dating scan. I would stick with your dates if you are certain, did they alter them on your notes as if not you'll probably still get your 12 week scan when you think you are 12 weeks.

So pleased you had a good outcome today :dance:

Awww Jaidy i haven't been able to get on today but have been thinking about you and hoping everything was ok.

Im really pleased for you.

As for the dates, like Kirsty said it is hard to get an accurate measurement so early on.

Well done hun!

Did they tell you how big your grain of rice was? I had an early scan today due to spotting and it was 2.6mm and almost 6 weeks (5 weeks, 6 days).

:hug: so relieved all ok hunny was thinking of you today xx

So pleased everything is ok Jaidy, really happy for you :D been thinking about you all day hun, About the dates I would probably think your dates are more accurate as its so difficult to get correct size at this stage as they are so small and all babes grow different rates. Still go by your period dates hun and you will prob be still getting your scan at the same time XXX :hug:

Im so relieved for you hunny that your little bean is in the right place :hug: :hug: :hug:

Did they say what was causing your pain though?

Not too sure about the dates thing as they put me 2 weeks back with tia early on and when i had dating scan i was still 2 weeks behind

Glad all is well with you and number 2 :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug: :hug: xx

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: so glad..sorry its short, got Hayden on my lap... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks to all of you guys...

Its good to know that it isnt always accurate at this stage, I keep thinking what if I AM 7 weeks but its showing 5 weeks cos its not growing properly but they would have picked up on this surely?

Like Sara says the main thing is that there is a little heartbeat in there!!!!! Im going to say to my midwife at my booking in on monday that I strongly believe my dates are right (which I do) and hopefully il still have a scan at the time I think I should.

If you do get put back on your scan at say 12 weeks to 10 weeks would they get you in again at 12 weeks or just let you go till 20 weeks then do you think?

Im full of questions tonight lol!

Can not help with the questions just wanted to say that I am so glad that your bean and everything is ok :cheer: :cheer:

So pleased that everything is ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had my dating scan for this baby at 10 weeks and then didn't get another one until 20 weeks so chances are you will just have one too. Hoping I am wrong though!

Glad everythings ok Jaidy, I bet it's put your mind at ease loads seing your baby's tiny heartbeat. :cheer:

just seen this yay im so so pleased all is ok for you hun :cheer: :cheer:

ahhh hun so pleased everything is ok!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

with regards to a second scan, my friend had her '12 week' scan and they found she was only 10 weeks, she DID then have another one at 12 weeks, it wasnt because of any concern or worry as everything was fine, i think it really depends on the area you live in and your local hospital.

Hi!
Glad it all went well :)
I had simular dating problems on my 6 week scan thinking I was seven or eight with the period thing. Am in France and they do dating from conception not period which they work out by measurements (now had the 12 week scan). They still haven't given a specific due date as pregnancy is on average 40-41 weeks so I'm due somewhere between 9th-16th. I got myself in a fizzle over the dates but I guess hardly anyone pops on their due date so have just put to the back of my mind.
Will be good to see what they say on your dating scan. When is it?
x

midwife thought I would be 11 weeks at dating scan but it turned out my dates were right and I was 9+3, my second scan was done at 20+5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back