Positive or negative? So confused......

Claaaar

Reaction score
Hi! :wave: I'm new here and was hoping to get some advice. I have been TTC for over two years with my DH who is 21 years older than me (he's 51) and had a reversal op 2.5 years ago. We have tried and tried and had no luck. It's complicated as he works away a lot of the time, and also we don't qualify for any help on the NHS because he already has a grown up daughter. Anyway....... a few months ago we decided to stop trying, give oursleves a break from the pressure and even talked about splitting up completely because of the strain it has put us under. But last week I started to feel strange. I have got really sore bbs (about a week before I usually do when I know AF is on the way and much worse), nausea, headaches & feeling tired, virtually no CM, and a dry throat. I decided to take a test yesterday morning even tho I am only about 12dpo, and it came out positive, faint but positive. I did another test (different brand) last night which was negative, did another of the first brand this morning which was positive, and have just done a digital one which was negative!!! I am totally confused - I so want it to be true, but worry that the positive tests could be wrong cos they are cheap ones from Ebay, but the negative tests are bigger brands. Is it just too soon for them to pick it up do you think, or are the cheaper tests giving false readings? Please can anyone offer any help or advice?

I'm not sure about all the trying to concieve lingo im afraid, as I wasn't trying it just happened :oops:

But instead of wasting money on more tests, just go to the doctors and they'll do a proper one and then you'll know! I would have thought if you have had a positive, then it's a positive no matter how much of a faint one and maybe the other brands just haven't picked it up yet.

But as I say, I'm not too clued up!, but no harm in getting one done at the GP's as at least then you will definately be sure.

michelle x

i also forgot to mention, the tests are most effective on ur wee first thing in the morning and because both positives have been in mornng n negs at night i sounds promisin u cud b preg.
fingers crossed :hug:

:D Thanks!!! Fingers crossed then.......I guess I just need to stop being so impatient!!! :oops:

and 12dpo is still really early and i doubt they would show up at ngiht ! wait a couple more days ! and good luck!

I'am pretty sure you need to repeat testing after few days, 12 dpo is very early, considering the time, that it takes before embryo gets implanted ( 7 days) and only then it produces b-hcg hormone, that is measured by the regular pregnancy tests. Do it in the morning, in the evening the early pregnancy will not be yet visible on the test. You can also do blood check up and that will give you 100 % reliable result. However I am almost 100 % sure you are pregnant, cos even the faintest line on the test means pregnancy. Keep us posted. :clap:

Seriously, thanks for all your kind words and help everyone! :)

I really hope you are right and I am pregnant - it would be a total dream come true after wanting it for so long! I am going to force myself to wait and not do another test until next weekend - when hopefully I will know for sure. :pray:

Ok - so now I am even more confused! I started bleeding a little last night - very red/pink and no pain like I usually get with AF either, also it's 2-3 days earlier than I expected. Could it be implantation bleeding, or is it too late for that?

Hiya,

Firstly 12dpo is a little early to test....wait a few days and re-test at 14+.
Secondly different tests detect different levels of the HCG hormone that starts to be secreated a few days after implantation has occurred, for example you might get a clearblue negative and a first responce positive, being because you need levels of 50mui on the clearblue but just 25mui on the first responce....also you can now buy early tests that detect as low as 10mui. I bought heaps of cheapies (10mui tests) on ebay and they worked a treat for me, I tested officially with a clearblue and a first responce on days 14 and 15 and both were positive then. I have in the past used a Clearblue digital and had a false positive on them....they are usually spot on but since I spoke to people about the false positive on it so many more people joined in saying that didn't like/trust the digitals either. I would say in all honesty that if you have had at least one positive to re-test in a day or two and book a GP appointment, they can do a blood test which is much, much more sensitive and can then tell you your hormonal levels which is a great indication as to the strength of the pregnancy too. Good luck with your venture oh and the bleeding might well be implantation, the blood can come up to 14 days AFTER a positive test and will look duller than normal, spotting etc. Fingers crossed for you.

Nicola xx

Nicola said:
Claaaar, I've sent you a PM message too! :D

Read and replied!!! Thanks!

I got my answer properly on Monday evening - BFP for me this month :(

But that's the nearest I've come to a BFP in two years of TTC so maybe things are looking up slowly....... I WILL keep positive :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back