Am I? Aren't I?

chocaholic110

Reaction score
OK, here's the situation. AF was due Saturday, tried a test Sat pm and got a faint positive, repeated it Sunday and it was slightly darker but still fairly light. (Both Asda own brand tests)
Tried today with a clearblue test and it was negative.
Still no AF but have slight back pains.
So am I? Or was I? Or am I going mad?

was it a digital one coz i have heard they are crap???

I replied to your other post although don't know what to suggest right now for you.

have another go with adsa one or another brand you got any more ??????

Snap lol!

I was due saturday too, did clearblue normal one yesterday at 12, went positive before test had even finished. DB said to do another one so did a predictor which was neg so then did a clearblue digital which was positive. Spoke to pharmacist who said take it as positive and test in the morning which I have and its positive again. I'm still not convinced so seeing practice nurse today :?

go to the doc's and ask them to do one for you hun! tell them what has happened and they should

good luck

i had problems with clearblue and changed to first response which i found better BUT if you are more than a few days over your AF date i would get some ASDA test. I think they are £8 for two.

I was trying to get PG for a year and wish i had stuck to ASDA not clearblue much cheaper!!!

Sarah

there is a local chemist near me & i asked for a test kit as i couldn'd see any and she said they had some which cost £1.50 they are just as good she said and it's a small pot for your wee & a thin paper stick - lol

so if your finding your spending alot on them - you could always ask if they do them - i used one & i wasn't preg - and i wasn't so that was right!

just a fort anyway x

If it showed up on any test that your pregnant (even a very faint line is a yes!) You are! It is VERY rare to get a false positive and EXTREMELY common to get a false negative! A doctor's test is the best way to confirm, but if you had a positive on a test, then its right. It needs to detect the pregnancy hormone to even make the faintest line! Unless your taking medication that contains certain hormones, there is no way of having a false positive. On the box or leaflet that came with the test, it should say even if there is a faint line, its still a line!!
I think its safe to say congrats babe!
Some tests are more sensitive than others, like the clearblue may be 50 IU/L but the asda is 20 IU/L... that means the adsa one is more sensitive. (i dont know the exact ones on each-its an example)
And about the cheap lil stick ones-They WORK! It all depends on the sensitivity of the test. They all do the same job! Best place to buy is on ebay! Especially if your TTC!! I bought 100 tests for £18.99!!! And they came very quickly!! They even do the ACON Ultra Early tests which detect 10 IU/L!! (The lower the number the more sensitive!)
Anyway, all the best, let us know the results!!

yep after i found out i was pg all the clearblue tests were positive i still couldnt beileve it so got some on ebay on saturday they came on monday so next day delivery and they worked too!!! and also wanted to keep some spare in case anything went wrong to keep my mind at rest...

Sounds like your PG, congrats!!! :D the other test might of been negative cause your so early in the pg, some tests pick up earlier than others, i used the clear blue early tester.

:dance: well done!!

cas x

id say ou are pregnany if its shown a positive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27