In need of advice on pg tests?

c stokes

Reaction score
Hi,
I was hoping for some advice, my friend came to me this morning with a faint BFP she wanted to know if i thought it was a BFP which it deffo was ive seen enough tests to know this was positive. However when she went home she did another test which was a different brand as she was still not convinced and it appeared to be negative, so she is now really confused. The positive test was an asda brand it was also a two pack so i did a pee on the other one which was negative so i cant see these asda tests being faulty. Has anyone had this happen to them before had positive, negative tests and still been pregnant?
Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks. x :D

are you sure it wasnt an evap line on the first one?
that would explain the 2nd one being negitive
manda xx

Some tests detect the pregnancy hormone earlier than others so maybe the asda one detected the hormone but the other one hasnt picked it up yet? :think:

hi,
No it wasnt an evap it had colour and was thick just faint, if it was an evap its the first time ive seen one like this, ive had 3 pregnancies and done loads of pg tests in the past so i felt pretty confident to tell her i thought it was a BFP am gonna feel awful now if it turns out shes not pg, its just really confusing, ive told her to test again in the morning with FMU. x

It may be that the first test was used with first morning urine which is stronger and the hormone had faded by the time she used the others???

in the early days different tests = different results

and definately different times/concentration of pee = different results

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back