Positive Home Test - Negative at Drs - Help

Fermerswife

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I posted last week asking for help with my lines. Well all the tests were positive inc. a digi but when I went to the Drs today to have it confirmed the test was negative. I am so worried now, given I've been getting BFPs since Sunday and am now two days late for AF should it not be showing on Drs test if hormones are increasing properly?

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm just so so worried.

Thanks

Hi, I have heard a few ppl say on here that Dr's test are not the best - I believe they are the equivilant of cheapie internet tests therefore if the ones you have used yourself are more better more expsnive ones and Digi's then they may be more accurate. Did you ask your doctor for blood tests? or did they mention bloody tests? xx

Thanks for your reply.

I was just speaking to the most unsympathetic receptionist from hell who laughed when I asked if their tests were less sensitive than the ones you buy in the shops. :wall2: she just said bring in a sample in another weeks time.

yeah that doesnt suprise me.. maybe wait another couple of days and use another digi, if that says positive again then I would say its pretty to safe to say you are pregnant, maybe wait a week then book in at gp again, hopefully by then if you do another of their test there will be enough Hcg in your system to show on their tests too, if not I would ask for bloods because that is more definitie than any urine sample (no matter how good or rubbish). Did you do your own digi test this morning or yesterday morning before going docs? xx

If AF is late and you are pregnant you should be gettng BFP's on (almost) all tests now.

Even at the hospital they use internet cheapies :shock:

I would leave it a few days and maybe do another test yourself!

Maybe you just implanted late so although AF is a bit late maybe you are not as pregnant as you think?

xxxxxxxxxx

hi again

I did a FRER this morning which had a pretty decent line and just did another clearblue which said 1-2, pregnant coming up in under a minute.

I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see but yes if next weeks is negative again I'll make an apt with GP and get my bloods done.

Thanks again.

I have known quite a few people who got their pregnancy results on a digi around time AF was due but that didnt show up on cheaper tests until quite a bit after, I really wouldnt worry hun, if your digi and FRER say pregnant, then you are pregnant!! so congratulations :) xx try and not worry about gp's test + maybe arrange to go back again towards the end of next week + do another of their tests xx

I was told at the hosp ( when I went for mc sorry) that they don't show up with their tests until at least 8 weeks. So when I was 4 weeks and digi was 1-2 weeks they said they expected to show negative as was so early on. Said doctors ones are the same. That's why some docs don't ask u to redo sample there. That's what I was told anyway.

I had that, postives on cheapies and cb digi's but negative at docs. I was worried as I had spotting the whole time and pains but because they refused to accept I was pregnant they wouldn't do anything until i went back a week later with more positive hpt's but by then I was miscarrying. So frustrating. Hope they pay attention to you soon!! X

GreekGirl, thats really interesting to hear, comimg from the hosital themselevs as well! I have heard ppl on here say they are not as good (as I said above - hence why on my other thread that you kindly replied to I was asking about which tests = best) but I had no idea it can be as long as 8 weeks!! Thats crazy.. I am 3 days late + used an internet cheapie day before AF was due (13DPO) and yesterday (15DPO) and both days nothing :( but now I am DEFINITELY going to go and buy a digi, at least that way if its a BFN I will stop questioning myself as to whether I am or not like I do with cheapies because chances are if a digi says BFN it most likely is a BFN! But if digi says BFP then I can celebrate!! woop woop.. Im going to buy one now + test with FMU tomorrow xx thanks (I know this isnt my thread and now ive kinda taken over oops :s but its really helped me!)

Sorry cornish fairy I was writing my post out at the same time you put yours and I didnt see it and now it makes my post look a little insensitive because I completely ignored what you put, which is really sad :(.. but you know I wouldnt mean to do that hun xx I'm wishing you on to get your BFP soon, you know that ;) xx

That's ok Hun :) I am holding out hope for this month being a lucky bfp month for us all!! :) xxx

my digi says i am 3-4 weeks and the ebay cheapie I did yesterday is still very faint x
I agree with the ladies here saying put another test with your gp in a week and if it comes back neg ask for bloods xx

hugs I hope you get a bfb from your doc soon xx

My doctor didn't even do another test, just took my word for it that the BFP's I got on the 5 tests I did (1 OPK, 3 IC, 1 CB digi) were right. I'm sure all of the ones you did were correct and that next week the GP's will catch up!!!

This is very common hun, I wouldn't worry about the gp's test, I'm sure it'll be positive next week. There's no way that all the tests that you've done are wrong. Congratulations hun!! :D x x

Thanks again everyone. I'm a good bit happier now as the 15 tests I've done cant be wrong ;) just feel that receptionist could have offered some reassurance etc thinking of mentioning to gp next week. I hope she never tries for months to get preg then someone treats her like a joke! Anyway babydust to you all ;)

I don't see how that many tests could be wrong! The receptionist sounds like a cow! X

Try not to worry Hun, easier said than done I know. That receptionist sounds horrible! Congratulations on your bfp xx

Just wanted to update to say Dr confirmed BFP this morning! Booking apt made for the 25th! Its really happening!!!!

i would phone the receptionist back and laugh at her and say well considering you get different mui's which mean all tests have different strengths and are more/less effective.

i hate when people laugh at others who clearly dont know what theyr on about.

I would go with BFP if the digi and FRER say BFP thats all we advise on this site is to use digis or frers lol :p I didnt get my BFP until 8 days late with a cheapie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back