Poorly baby

mrsH2009

Reaction score
He has never been ill before so I feel a little out of my depth. He has a temperature at the min of 38.8, and sounds very ruttly. I've given neurofen, calpol and stripped him off. He went to bed as normal about an 2 hours ago and has woke screaming, I've stipped him off and I'm laid on the bed with him trying skin to skin to calm him down. But I'm not sure what else I can do

You've done everything totally right hun :hug:

Just keep checking the temp until it's down, might take half hour or so, if you're worried though see the dr. xx

Oh dear. Like Mamafy said keep doing what you're doing :hug:

Make sure you give pleanty fluids and keep up with the cuddles :hug: xx

hope he feels better soon hun :hugs: no advice but sounds as though ur doing everything right

Thanks ladies, he's stopped screaming and has had a couple of oz of milk, he's hardly eaten all day, He's snuggling down on my tummy now. Looks like it could be a long night :shock:

:( Hope he settles for you hun, what's his temp like now?

hope he settles down for you soon. have you tried a cold flannel on the back of his neck? will help to bring his temp down a bit xx

His temp is 37.8 this morning, i'm working today it's daddy's turn to be incharge so I'm hoping it settles soon. He eventually went in his cot at 11.30 but has been up periodically thou never as hot as he was last night! Thanks ladies I knew you'd know what to do. I can see hubbie joining up for advice after half an hour with him :rotfl:

He just has a runny nose and a bit of a cough now thanks

He's ill again today, his temp was really high when I got him up I dropped him at mum's cos I'm meant to be at work! Got half way there and she rung to say he'd had a fit. I've just got back from the doc and they can't find anything just think it's a virus but want to see him again tonight to check him over again and check he isn't dehydrated

The poor wee man :(

I hope he's ok, let us know later xxx

He's ill again today, his temp was really high when I got him up I dropped him at mum's cos I'm meant to be at work! Got half way there and she rung to say he'd had a fit. I've just got back from the doc and they can't find anything just think it's a virus but want to see him again tonight to check him over again and check he isn't dehydrated

Oh my goodness. I hope he is ok soon. Could be fitting due to a high temp hun xx

I just realised I managed to post that twice sorry it's my daft phone! And not the person using it I promise. We've been back and think it's his ears so we are on antibiotics

Hope they kick in soon. We saw a difference within a few days of my LO starting her antibiotics :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back