What a night

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
So after taking over 2 hours to get him off last night, Tyler decided to wake up screaming in pain 2 hours after being put down. I tried winding him he burped but was still crying he wouldn't open his mouth so I thought it was his teeth. I got some neurofen, waking OH up in the process but it took him 40 mins to come give me a hand. Sometimes when I can't settle him magic daddy can. Dunno why he doesn't like me doing it? We eventually settled him down and he had a feed and stayed in bed with me.

I'm tired!

Oh I woke up and he'd wet out of his nappy onto my bed :wall2:

Sheesh! It's funny how daddies can walk in and babies turn from devils to angels lol. Well to be fair it's not funny it's just plain annoying lol.

Hope you have a better day xxxxxxxx

Yeah the magic daddy!! Forget that we have had them all day, its all smiles for daddy!!
xxx

I wouldn't go as far as smiles lol!

Do ur OHs have this effect?

Mines gone away until Sunday :(

Yep totally! Albert can be a right pain all day, daddy walks in and it's like the fairies have swapped him back again lol. And my oh is very good at the "what's all the fuss about" look :slap:

DH is good for making him smile and laugh if he has been a miserable sod all day but mummy is the only one that will do if he is inconsolable!! Mind you im pretty sure it is just that I have more patience as it does take a while doesnt it?? There are a lot of colds going round here so cud be a summer cold?
xxx

Was it really hot where you were last night? Lexi took ages to get settled last night and she'd got herself really got and bothered, unfortunately her nursery gets really warm as it's small and despite having the fan in there I couldn't get the temp down (it was 26 degrees at one point!)

Just a thought maybe he woke up hot and uncomfortable?

X

if alex ever wakes up in the night its normally daddy who needs to get her back to sleep but if shes really hysterical i have to deal with her dont know if that id because i wont let go of her when shes like that but i prefure to think it coz she loves mummy the most lol xx

lol my oh cant soothe her or get her to sleep, she wont even take a bottle off him but if shes happy she laughs more with him. no magic daddy here just tired mummy lol

Daddy's really good at settling too in our house. X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daddy can some times but he gets stressed so it's usually me that settles if Rhea is particularly bad which isn't often thank god !! We have had a few rough nights recently but have seen the tooth coming now so certain that's why ! And rhea was off her food too last week so he could b teething PP . Hope u get some sleep today xxx

Daddy is no good in our house, in fact oh gets very upset by it and I feel bad when I have to take R off him to settle him.....

As a bonus he is fantastic at feeding and burping him :) and changing poopy nappies....

R doesn't settle for daddy, which quite upsets him, however daddy is very good at feeding and burping him and changing poopy nappies :)

He's been a bit wingy today. He had the smallest amount if snot maybe he's fighting something. He went down for a nap ok (he has the fan on him) when he woke up his body was cool his head was hot! I think it was teeth but could be wrong.

Could be teeth hun. If he's cutting top teeth as they pull down they bring the snot down from the sinuses. Ozzy always gets snotty when the top ones are coming through, and he gets teething colds with teh bigger teeth too, which are great fun... not!

I think dad's are good at settling coz they're not so stressed as we are, even if we are staying calm babies defo pick up that we are anxious about what's wrong with them, but then in walks dad or is still calm n that helps to settle LO! Olly is way better at settling Oscar than me, when Oscar's got himself all worked up I get worked up too, even if I'm trying to come across that I'm not Oz can still tell!

I agree with Maria- daddy is better when mummy is anxious! Sometimes only mummy will do tho- which is why even tho Im not feeding at night now I still have to settle him if wakes upset 99.9% of the time!

Sorry Tyler is out of sorts hun, hope he feels better soon and that u get to catch up on some sleep- altho difficult if ur OH is away for a few days :-/

It's the same here:) I think that sometimes, the babies smell food when they're with their mummies, and than it's more difficult for them to settle. That's my theory!

Maybe he's getting a cold? My little girl has a cold now and she whines more than normal, and needs to sleep more than normal.

Hope he feels better soon and that you get a better night tonight!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back