How often does your lo poo?

Olive

Reaction score
Now I've made one thread, I can't stop myself! lol.

Ok, up until yesterday, Brody hadn't had a poo since we left the hospital on Monday. We were told to give him some water before feeds (this then changed to between feeds, following advice from a different mw (is it just me that gets different advice from every mw? :roll:). We were also told to massage his belly.

He had a tiny poo yesterday morning and then in the afternoon OH did a fab job on the belly thing and hit the right spot. He had a MASSIVE poo in the afternoon. Then in the evening he started making the same poo sound he made before, and OH rubbed his belly again. Hey presto, we had more poo. That was at half 12 this morning.

Now we've had no poo since. Idk what to think. MW is coming tomorrow so I'll mention to her.

He's been a bit cranky tonight and I suppose we're wondering if that's why. Although, after feeding him again he settled down to sleep.

He's ff. How often does your lo poo?

Thanks.

xx

Ella is bottle fed and poops every other day usually however i do get the odd occasion where she will produce nothing for 3 days and then usually on the 4th day i get 3 poos in the one day! Dr has given me constipation meds but i havent had to use it yet, boiled water and tummy rubs usually works if she seems a bit uncomfortable xx

Sophia was only going once a day, then every other day but now at almost 13 weeks she is going maybe twice a day. A nice bath usually helps shift things or a little cooled boiled water. Her pop was never hard so I knew it wasn't constipation just probably his routine. I would worry if she hadn't been for 3 days but she always has by then :)

Olive you've beaten me to it..............I'm sitting here with my worried mother face on as Romilly also seems to have stopped pooing!

She was going great guns with muconium poo's but since the colour change (bottle fed) they've reduced to a small one yesterday evening and a tiny one this evening. Weeing fine though.

She's a bit quiet too...........but taking/demanding her bottle as normal.

Might try the warm water thing, tummy massage hasn't shifted anything.

Last edited:
Thanks girls.

Cazza I hope she goes soon. I know what it's like, you worry about everything! I'm less worried today I suppose as at least he went - 5 days was a bit mental! But hope he goes a bit more regular.

xx

O goes once a day lol if he goes more than 24 hrs a bit of extra water in his feed and a warm bath usually works :)

Cameron goes loads!! 3 or 4 times per day, tho he's breast fed. He was on gaviscon due to reflux which made him constipated so the hv said cooled boiled water with a tiny bit of Demerara sugar or a tiny squeeze of fresh orange into it. The orange shifted the poo big time x

I'm going to try the OJ! Will usually goes once a day but it's such a stress to get it, he sometimes cries until it arrives. As I write he is laying on the sofa, knees up, squirming and pushing but still nothing. This will go onto until his poo arrives :(

Xx

I didn't think they advised oj as their Tummy's aren't ready yet? A few grains of brown sugar in boiled water always helped Jaycee but I didn't do that til she was a good few months old..

Lily goes once a week now but it's a huge explosion! They say up to 5 days max with bottle (I was told back then, prob changed now lol)

Last edited:
Um, should I be worried? Jonah is a poo monster. He has pooey nappies a few times a day! It's not sloppy nasty poo either. Just your usual korma iykwim.

We had a few problems with caleb when he was a month old, he went 3 days with no poos then did a pebble poo with blood in his nappy! We tried everything: water, moving his legs, tummy masssage etc but nothing worked... Until we swapped him from SMA formula to Aptamil. He was fine after that and he's on Cow and Gate now with no problems. Another thing the midwives suggested was the odd carton of ready made formula as that's sweeter. We did try that but we wanted a more permanent fix. So I'd suggest changing brand to see if that does it. Hope that helps xx

Um, should I be worried? Jonah is a poo monster. He has pooey nappies a few times a day! It's not sloppy nasty poo either. Just your usual korma iykwim.

Wouldn't worry unless he's in pain when he goes.. X

We get poo once to three times a day normally although there have been occasional poo fee days and then I know there will be poo galore the next day lol!

I was worried about mia, when she started pooing only once a day. Spoke to the nurse who said it was Normal, they can even go a couple of days. Not sure about BF babies because Mia is bottle fed. Xx

This is amazing this time last year I was staying at a spa hotel with my OH. This year I'm talking about poo :)

The words poo and spa should not appear in the same sentence. My mental imagery has gone I into overdrive.

Rach, nah he doesn't seem to have issues passing poo. It's just abundant, takes after Daddy I think.

Kynon is a poo machine it goes in one end and out the other, we've had 5 pooey nappys today and that's normal for him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back