Political correctness gone mad.

Amanda

Reaction score
I heard on the radio that the council responsible for Blackpool have told all of their taxi drivers that they are not allowed to wear England shirts during the World Cup. Apparantly it may offend tourists!!!! :shock:

Having been in Ibiza for the recent Barcelona-Arsenal match, it was fantastic to see all the Spanish in their Barcelona shirts. All the bars were decked out in the colours, there were flags everywhere and fireworks set off over the bay everytime they scored, and then a massive display when the final whistle went. We were all commenting on how brilliant it was to see the Spanish really embrace the game, and then I come back to the UK to hear this. :evil:

Bloody stupid country we live in.

That's ridiculous?!?!? Why are people not allowed to show that they are proud to support their own bloody country?

thats silly hoew many people do we see over wearinf french and portagal tops????
its like saying u cant wear a man u shirt in colchester :wall: :wall:

The firm myOH works for won't let them have flags on the vans.
It's a bummer because my OH had a South African flag on a stick on the dash board and he had to take that down too!!!!

Our council and a few others around here (not far from Blackpool) were handing out £50 fines for displaying the St Georges flag during Euro2004 - I've seen a few flags on cars, but all the flag poles along our road (we live on a shopping street) are empty this year :( .

A church / community centre round the corner from us was gutted by fire a couple of years ago. They were refused lottery funding to help rebuild it becasue it's owned by the church of england and isn't considered culturally diverse enough. The only other 'cultures' that live round here are maybe 3 afro-carribeans, 1 old sikh bloke and a load of chinese and polish cockle pickers.

I'm beginning to wonder what's wrong with being an English Christian in England, officially a 'Christian' country.

I work in an office of 6 men and me. There are 3 white English, 1 Black (Jamaican), and 2 Asian (1 Indian and 1 Pakistan), so quite a diverse group.

They were talking about the World Cup this morning, so I brought the subject up. They were all outraged, and the loudest voice of all was the Indian guy!! They all live in England, so will be supporting England in the footie, and all will be wearing their England shirts. It's a different matter in the cricket though!!! :lol:

I thought they all wore white in cricket so it wouldn't matter anyway :wink:

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:
its like saying u cant wear a man u shirt in colchester :wall: :wall:

Haha Sarah, that made me laugh (unless Colchester is in manchester and then I look stupid)

It is a shame that councils have to revert to this but I guess a part of it is because the English flag doesn't have a great image if you know what I mean.

I'm not prejudice, my daughter wears England bibs. Come on England in the World Cup- but the Rooney injury is just one big hype, will he/wont he play?...Ofcourse he will!

I know Scotland are crap at all sports, but that's life!! my OH freely walks about with his Man U (hate them) football shirt, and England top on, and no one says anything to him, and that's in bloody Scotland! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back