pointless, not preggo, happy post!

fein _but_waiting!

Reaction score
So after over well over a year living in my house, DH finally got guys in to sort out some much wanted but not desperate tasks. I felt like jumping when it was all done (i'm a little OCD when it comes to the cleanliness and tidyness in my own home!) So we were missing handles from all the drawers and cupboards in the kitchen (holes had to be measured on and drilled in otherwise i would have done it forget DH!), not to mention no dishwasher door on an integrated one which meant having to hold it down with my foot when filling it! Then there was the cloakcupboard that didn't have a rail and needed extra support and a concrete wall to be drilled through. Then there was the hallway mirror which we just never got round to putting up. And whilst they were here, we got them to put up some roller blinds in our bedroom to replace old, temporary folding blinds which were ripped and a pain in the neck to open, not to mention despite stating they were blackouts, they most definately weren;t!

So as i said totally pointless but i don't think i've been this happy in ages! :rotfl: So ridiculas considering it was just a few household chores.

Anyhoo, hope everyone is doing well and plodding along nicely.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: great to hear you are happy and everything got sorted. My DH has done lots around the house recently :dance:

I'm soooooo jealous!
1) because you've got those fiddly little jobs finished
2) because they are so minor compared to the ones I've been waiting 4 years for :cry:
My list gets bigger every year and at present it fills an A4 sheet! Anyway, well done for getting them sorted, it must be a great feeling, I shall just keep feeling sorry for myself as I look at the hooks waiting to be put up, the broken garden gate, the cracked bath panel. dodgy light fittings.................. :sleep:

Haha, well done hun i know the feeling its lovely to look around and say all yay all done!! :cheer: we moved into our new place as it was our rental before and had an extra bedroom so we kicked the tennants out as their lease was up when i turned 20weeks and we needed the extra room. now we have three bedrooms for me&OH, DD, and new baby.. AND a guest room downstairs too now :) in our old house we had SOOO much to get on with but moving out and letting the workers sort the problems was such a weight off. i scrubbed this place down like christina and aggy and got a carpet cleaner in too :lol: i would like this place to be repainted though but i can live with light green walls for the time being, although id prefer a lovely creamy yellow colour :think: the only things i want to get done before baby is new curtains and blinds throughout.. then i will be HAPPY :D

I am the most impatient person when it comes to chores being done.. i cant leave anything yet my OH would happily leave it. I get so annoyed as i just dont know how to do certain jobs and my OH is so not into DIY (it was me up the ladder the other day!)

I so understand the sense of relief when its all done!

Claire x

I love it when all them little fiddly bits get done! My OH is a pain for leaving the "little bits" lol

Yay :cheer: so pleased all the jobs are now sorted, and just in time for bubs arriving :D

I guess Im a lucky lady as my DH can do anything DIY related......and he cant leave any job unfinished :D

i too am totally 'lets do it now' about all those jobs around the house but Oh is uh, shall we say rather more relaxed about it all - we moved in two and a half years ago and are still waiting to get some pictures up on the bare walls of the living room!! There are loads more things i want done too, kitchen shelf, curtains for baby's room, OH to finish insulating boiler shed - started not finished!
he gets started then just never seems to finish, flitting one from thing to the next like a blinkin fairyman!!!
:rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back