Stoopid black-out blinds/dark room question

LucyBee

Reaction score
I've got black out blinds and black out lining on Tom's curtains but the light is getting in round the sides and top of the blinds then through the sides of the curtains.
Not a disaster but it's still light in there when I put him to bed and I think it's waking him up early too.

Do you have any bright ideas of how I can get rid of the light without sealing the entire window off so no air gets in??!!

Do your blackouts do this too?

Fanks girls!
Lucyx

Lydia's room gets too light as well despite having lined curtains so I end up putting blankets over the windows.
I need black out blinds really.

Have you thought about having black out lining on your net/voile wire/rod? That's right against the window so will stop light getting in :hug:

The majority of our bed linen is dark purple, black etc, and we found a big dark blue sheet and put that over the window. Didn't think about actual black out stuff, that does the job for the time being lol

we put blankets up at the window 2..took them into the blind as the blanket is so big it covers the gaops where the light cums thru....didnt we chat bout this recently twinny.... :think: :hug: :hug: :hug:

leckershell said:
The majority of our bed linen is dark purple, black etc, and we found a big dark blue sheet and put that over the window. Didn't think about actual black out stuff, that does the job for the time being lol

snap, thats what we do, works fine.. accept shes discovered she can 'move it' and the light comes through lol. Little meeskite!

i have black out blind and linings and they are rubbish i have resorted to black bags taped to the window frame, cheap and they work

I have black out blinds and never have a problem :think:

i found a brill solution...

buy the black out lining and attach sucky pads to corners and stick it to window.

doesnt let any light in :D

im going to make it up properly with matching frabric from her curtains so it looks pretty too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back