last consultant appointment tomorrow...pointless thread!

katietateypot

Reaction score
tomorrow i have my 36 weeks growth scan which is my last one and i get to see the consultant.

i was really bothered about seeing him last time and him basically coming into the side room signing my notes and saying "see you again in 4 weeks".

I know this is going to sound sooooo stupid but i've been writing down what i can say tomorrow. I'm going to tell them my scar tissue has me in agony through the day from the way little lady is lying. (im guessing :roll:) Also im going to ask what they are going to do about it seen as its been left for these four weeks and was not even mentioned last time. I'm going to say how annoyed i was and still am about the care i receieved which i feel i did not really get any.

I know i will probably be seen as a nightmare and overreacting but because it has bothered me for so long i feel i need to say something plus i want something for my scar..it is sooooo painful and when i can feel Ava putting pressure on it i can't move at all as she seems to just use more force!! :eh: i don't know if they will give me anything though, i went to a chemist and they told me not to put creams on as baby will get them aswell and may harm her :-?

so sorry for this pointless thread, not expecting any replies off you girls just wanted to let off steam plus im guessing it wont even make sense as i seem to have typed it without really paying attention :oooo:

Hope your appointment goes well :hug: I know what you mean, when I want to complain to someone I always have to really think hard about what Im gonna say and how Im gonna say it.

Let us know how it goes and I really hope you get something for the pain. I saw a pharmacist about my hayfever and he wouldnt sell me anything, went to see the GP and he said that pharmacists are just scared of being sued and dont really have any clinical responsibility to give you anything so they basically wont sell anything to pregnant women to be 'on the safe side' my GP prescribed me antihistamines and nasal spray, he checked his medicines book in front of me and read it out, it said something like "no case studies of side effects for pregnant woman or foetus, but should be avoided around the time of labour due to drowsiness affecting mother and foetus." now, the pharmacist wouldve had this exact same book and I was standing in front of him with a puffy face practically begging for help.

So hopefully the same thing will happen to you, and the consultant wil be able to prescribe something :hug:

How did things go today hun?

I am so angry about today, just had a good cry telling my mum how unhappy i am with them!!!
I told the lady i saw today about the last consultant i saw who basically didn't really speak to me just told me to be back on four weeks.
her response was;
"he was probably just too busy"
is that a joke?? Too busy to see his patient? I know im probably over reacting here but it has really peed me off and all i could do was look at her. I had a whole list of what i wanted to say and it all went out my head!! :wall2:

the only good thing was that she said she would see me again in 2 weeks for a sweep because of the pain and that they couldn't give me anything for it but to use coco butter cream to help with the stretch marks showing up on the actual scar although it wont ease the pain!!
Went to book that appointment and was told there was NO clinic that day so would have to be 3 weeks time when im 39 weeks...i know its still a week earlier but just one week early when i told her about my pains!!!

I've had a good old rant to jason and told him i'm seeing the GP tomorrow for a second opinion as the consultant never even checked my scar!!! :mad: i'm going to ask the GP why i had to go back every four weeks to see these people if they wern't really that arsed!!

Anyway thats all that happened today, will hopefully get somewhere tomorrow even if its a good old chat about being so angry with the hospital! :lol:

Katie xxx

forgot to add scan went really well....Ava is said to be weighing between 5 and 5.8 so not too bad really.
she's head down but facing my tummy.
they measured my belly and said it was between 36 and 37 :)

Glad babes is weighing well and in right position, but wht is going on with consultant and mw - i can't believe some of the care people are experiencing its awful! Good for you for going to GP its best to be sure and let him know how cross you are x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back