• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poached Eggs?

scones

Reaction score
Can I eat 2 on toast if I cook them really well?

Its the only thing I fancy right now on some brown toast......

as long as you cook them so the yolks are hard and not runny they are fine, hope you enjoy them, i have been loving my eggs lately, and never really liked them much before :lol:

*crais* Scones how could you!!?!!

Poached eggs are one of the MAJOR things I'm seriously missing. Yes you can poach em till they're cooked right through but if the yolk doesn't run out all over the black pudding it's just not the same.

*sulks*

;)

As the other girls said I believe you are fine aslong as you cook the yolks through too.

must admit I just had scrabbled egg on toast and it was bloody handsome! :lol:

Enjoy!

I used to boil eggs soft, peel the shell off then put them on a slice of toast & marmite and put a knife through them so the yolk ran all over the toast. Seriously I miss that more than anything else I LOVE runny eggs *also sulking*

Thanks for your replies girls x

I did cook them but (naughty naughty) they were a bit runny so fingers crossed we will be ok

Are you not supposed to have runny yolk then?! I've been having a lot of fried eggs, but they're always cooked right through. I thought it was just the egg whites that are sodgy if not cooked properly! :eek:

I've been eating runny poached eggs recently - I just really fancied them and I was fed up of them being properly cooked.
I hate all this talk of 'can't eat this or that'. I did it for a few weeks but in the olden days people ate whatever and they were fine.

I'm still having decaf tea, avoiding pate, rationing tuna etc but I've given in to runny eggs and eating nuts.

I've given up listening to the 'you can't eat ...' too. I've had runny eggs from the start, and blue cheese etc. What's the chances of getting salmonela or listeria poisoning from food these days? Food companies are so careful that even some bottles of wine have sell by dates on them! :roll:

The only thing I've avoided is the obvious like alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine. I say enjoy your poached eggs - RUNNY!! :) x

Eggs sold in supermarkets are from hens vaccinated anyways.

I used to eat runny eggs when PG. I've never had any problems in the past eating them and didn't worry overly once PG.

I only really avoided liver, pate (and anything rich in vitamin A) and soft unpasteurised cheeses. Everything else was in moderation really.

Hmmmm maybe I should have my eggs on toast then :think: I am such a rule follower I never thought to question it :rotfl:

ejjie said:
Hmmmm maybe I should have my eggs on toast then :think: I am such a rule follower I never thought to question it :rotfl:

You do what you feel comfortable doing. Some prefer to stick to all the guidelines totally, others not.

OMG, I now have such a craving for poached eggs on toast now - nice and runny with the yolk oozing over the hot buttered toast... If only I wasn't at work!!! :wall: :wall:

Guess I'll just have to make do with the creme egg I have in my drawer instead! :lol:

Chopsie said:
Guess I'll just have to make do with the creme egg I have in my drawer instead! :lol:

You're like the Queen of Creme Eggs lady! :lol:

And quite rightly so as they are bloody lovely, now I want one and I only have a manky toffee crisp lurking in the bottom of my bag! Booooooooo.

Cream eggs are AMAZING, I had one last night. I want a runny egg on toast though more than anything in the world!!!

Running boiled egg in a sandwich of soft white bread with a sprinkle of salt . . . . (Am actually salivating!) YUM! :?

I enjoyed 2 softish eggs and toast the other nightm totally agree with some of the ladies there is so much talk about what u can and cant eat a little of sometings wont do any harm :D

yum yum there were lush aswell

I love runny eggs too and have been having them for brekkie at the weekends. The only thing I have avoided is booze (dont smoke and dont like seafood)

I've been eating runny eggs! :shock: Normally fry them myself and they are cooked right through, but I've also been to cafes for cooked brekkies and had runny yolks that I've dipped my toast in! Should I be worried now?! :?

Not at all - the only reason we're told to avoid runny eggs is in case we get food poisoning off them. I don't think you're any more likely to get food poisoning when you're pregnant, but it can make you more poorly. My doctor told me the risk is not to the baby, but to you as it's harder to get it out of your system.

So enjoy your eggs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back