Please help!

Strangeness

Reaction score
I've been feeding Tamzin for nearly 12 weeks now and it been going great until the last few days! Her morning feeds are brill and normal but from then on it's a constant battle to feed her. Everytime I try to latch her on she'll take a bit and then she just screams! I put this down to colic and put her on infacol which had made her happier but she's hardly feeding from me in the afternoon and evening and I hate seeing her upset. She'll take some but I don't know if it's enough? She's been sleeping through for a few weeks now but the last two nights has been up at 2.30am and has a good feed. Do you think she's getting enough? I've tried her on formula as well but she just screams if I put it near her and I've tried expressing but she screams at that as well. I think my supply is slowing due to her not feeding properly as well. It's got the point where I am dreading her next feed and I don't know what to do! I've got an appointment with the hv next week after her jabs but if there is anything anyone can think of it the mean time I would be very grateful!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Calleigh went through exactly the same thing, she would have a fab feed first thing then would hardly feed for the rest of the day. I worried she wasnt having enough and that if she continued this way how it would effect my supply. Basically i got myself so worked up about it i was in tears all the time. She never has took to a bottle so that wasnt even an option for me.

I ended up going to a La Leche meeting and sought their help. They were good in trying to find out why she may be refusing me and came to the conclusion she was having a nursing strike but they couldnt explain why.
However they emailed me loads of info on it to read so if you would like me to forward it PM your email addy. You may find it helpful.

I also took Calleigh to the docs to have her checked out incase she had a medical reason for not wanting me like an ear infection as this can be painful when they are sucking or if they lay a certain way. Maybe have LO checked over at the docs.

She did go back to feeding a bit better after a while so it does get better, but at the time i felt so crappy and thought she would starve etc.

You could maybe try a cranial osteopath - if she's uncomfortable feeding that could sort it out.

Emms did this at one point, and I phoned the BF helpline. They said that sometimes babies can become fussy when feeding for no apparent reason, but to try different positions and keep going and it should pass which it did. I found it easiest to feed her lying down at that time and to go into a quiet room with no distractions.

Hope it gets better soon :hug:

Cooper can be fussy at times think these babies just go through phases. If your worried about your supply eat oats i have porridge every morning for breakfast and i def think its made a difference :hug: :hug: hope this passes soon for you xx

Thanks for your help girls! It's been a frustrating few days but fingers crossed things are getting better. We had a better day yesterday and she slept from 9pm til 5.30am so a lot better! She seems a lot happier in herself as well. Invested in some teething gel as she is dribbling non stop and biting her hands and it seems to be working! Really hope it stays this way cos I've felt so down the last couple of days worrying about her. It's horrible seeing your little girl upset and feeling like they are starving but really hoping it stays this way! Think it sounded very much like a nursing strike which I have been swotting up on on the net so I know in future! Once again thanks so much :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back