Ellie wont leave my boobs alone! HELP so tired!

happy-chick

Reaction score
Its now 7am and Ellie has been constantly stuck to my boobs since 4am... everytime I move her away or change boobs she just screams. Ive given her to daddy and he's rocking her cos I need a break. Im sure she's just using me as a dummy to comfort her or something, infact im seriously considering sticking a dummy in her mouth see if it keeps her quiet?!

Is this normal? She cant be still hungry? How long is this gunna go on for, im desperate for some sleep :( I wudnt mind if she was sleeping inbetween but she just seems to constantly want to feed & scream when shes not feeding :?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had this exact problem with my eldest. The dummy worked a treat.........

:hug:

Do whatever you need to do in order to get some rest. Happy mummy = happy baby!

She screamed with daddy for an hour while i tried 2 rest & now shes back on my boob.... arghh need sleep!! Tried dummy she didnt like em :(

she's still very new and getting used to the BIG change in her life, and just wants mummy.

but do whatever you feel is right. try and have a lie down with her on the boob soon, so you can get a rest

Toby has a dummy for that very reason. You have to keep trying it. I found with all of mine that just gently tapping the end of the dummy with your finds while it's in her mouth works. It took toby a few days but now he loves it. And I get a break! But you do have to be careful at your early stage to put her on the breast quite often, to keep your milk supply up to where she needs it. Good luck - these are times to be gotten through, it all gets so much easier! X

So will she do this all the time until she gets settles & not sleep at night and just wanna feed? I cant do that everynight!

I dont wanna lie down with her cos im so exhausted that it wud be dangerous and I could roll onto her or something so wudnt wanna do that at mo, I kept falling asleep sat up last night but then waking myself up wen my head dropped lol

jo... i posted on your other thread because I had the same thing with Holly. B/f is hard work no doubt about it, but I did decide to give Holly an expressed bottle when she woke at night and we havent looked back.

Holly is actually quite an easy baby now and have had no nipple/bottle confusion she can switch between the two. I/bf exclusivley all other times and it is working for us. i would say dont give up on b/f but dont beat yourself up about giving her a bottle if it works for you. I would recommend dad doing it first time though......

happy_chick said:
So will she do this all the time until she gets settles & not sleep at night and just wanna feed? I cant do that everynight!

I dont wanna lie down with her cos im so exhausted that it wud be dangerous and I could roll onto her or something so wudnt wanna do that at mo, I kept falling asleep sat up last night but then waking myself up wen my head dropped lol

Hi Jo,

I know you are physically going through hell hon and I'm repeating this over again - but it will get better. If you want to breast feed - you just have to ride it out. We've all not slept for days and days and fed, fed, fed, its so tough, but its part of the deal. I promise its so so worth it, and you'll barely remember these early few days if you just stick at it.

Co-sleeping is perfectly safe if you follow the guidelines (never on a sofa, never if you or your partner has been smoking or drinking, never under the covers/near pillows) and I would really recommend it - its so easy to plug the baby in lying down and have a wee doze yourself.

I'm not sure about the dummy thing, sorry.

Good luck hon - you're doing a brilliant job.

Valentine Xxx

Hi again Jo,

I've just read your birth story - no wonder you are so tired, then this palaver with feeding isn't helping, its just compounding your tiredness. Sorry if I sounded heartless in my post above, I just wanted to tell you again that it is really really tough (no-one really understands this, until they've been there), but please please stick at it if you really want to breastfeed.

Take care

Valentine Xxx

Sorry I cannot help, just wanted to give you these :hug: :hug: :hug:
Isaac was the same with BF'ing but co-sleeping meant we slept quite well through the night. I didn't want to try him with a dummy either, but then months later when it would have helped both Isaac and I he wouldn't take one. Isaac's always been a 'bad' sleeper and only took a dummy at 5months and I cannot help but believe had he taken one sooner we'd have saved a lot of heartache. My advice would be co-cleeping, cannot say as to a dummy as Isaac never had one that young, but you will have to do as you are because if she needs your boob she needs it, very best wishes and I hope you find time to rest :hug: :hug: :hug: There is the Snuggle Nest as another option too :hug:

Hi

Both kids were the same way and i co slept , Kiara had a soother but Kadyn learned to sooth himself!
What ever you decide hun do what you feel is right .
Could it be he is going through a growth spurt ??
Katrina

I really dont wanna co-sleep, im terrified of something bad happening and really dont feel comfortable with it at moment... maybe ill change my mind a bit later on but for now its not an option for me as im so exhausted and just wouldnt sleep anyway cos i'd be so scared lol

Spose we're just gunna have to see, gunna try a hot water bottle in her moses basket that we take out wen we put her down... see if making it nice n warm for her encourages her to stay asleep wen we put her down & makes her a lil more comfy... trial and error i spose!

I assume you tried swaddling? That worked wonders for us. Ryan still wakes now when we put him down, but he's old enough to be left to cry for a bit.

I can't repeat enough what the others said, I'd say for me it was about 10 days or so and then immediately things just changed.. all of a sudden nipples didn't hurt anymore and I noticed a proper feeding pattern which wasn't 1 hour long feeding sessions every 2 hours :roll: He very soon got down to 20 minutes every 3 hours and that's pretty much what he does now except through the night.

You're at that really ropy stage where you think you can't carry on, but me and the others would honestly say, in a few more days, or a week, you'll notice an improvement. Look at it like I did, just think "ooh today has been better than yesterday", "ooh this week has been better than last week" and eventually you'll be thinking, this is alright actually glad I carried on. And when you think of how long pregnancy lasted and was uncomfortable for, what's another week of discomfort in the grand scheme of things.

But if you really can't do it then you gave it your best shot. Hope your nipples are getting better, if you know what I mean, hope they aren't still bleeding and stuff :hug: x

not sure what else to suggest... perhaps if sams able to stay awake while4 u sleep feedi have slept fed since day 1.. and alex sat by me making sure i didnt moveperhaps once u have caught up on ur sleep u can go bk to moses basket? get sam to put her in the basket when shes finished?? i really dunno what else to say.. i havent gone through sitting up with him and trying to stay awake so i havent got myself exhausted, altough sam could help if u were bottle feeding, u still have to get uop n sit up with bottles..maybe u should express a bottle for the night.. sorry i havent bn of much use.. hope u are ok xxif u cant do it anymore jo.. dont feel bad xx

Last night was great, I went to bed at around 1am after feeding her and sam stayed up with her and gave her a bottle i'd expressed then put her in moses basket in front room and went sleep on settee, he woke me cos she wanted feeding at about 6am, he got in bed and I fed her and put her down in moses basket n went sleep on settee... she was brill last night hope 2nite is the same lol!

I think it helped that she had a bath then spent a while playing and awake around 8pm so she was tired and went to sleep during the night!

I am so glad I read this tread - Jo I am the exact same - I am so tired, feel like i am feeding constantly and feel like giving up, I am too scared to co sleep - its really getting me down now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back