Planned section / spinal block

Jolly81

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm booked in for c section on Monday. I've had one before but it was under GA and without labour prior to it because my son had stopped moving so they needed him out ASAP.

So I'm totally new to planned sections. How is he spinal block? What was your recovery like? Is the spinal block worse because I'm overweight?

Just hearing any of your experiences would be really helpful as I'm slightly scared now! X

I had a spinal block for a postpartum haemorrhage in theatre. It didn't hurt to be done and worked really well I couldn't feel a thing. I did find that I shivered uncontrollably even though I wasn't cold. Not sure if it was due to the spinal block or other drugs? Good luck you'll be fine :) x

Thanks :) I have heard that about the shivering/trembling and I'm sure I'll be full of adrenaline to help with that too so I'll definitely mention it to the anaesthetist if it happens :) x

I had a spinal block with mine and it was fine. If your OH or birthing partner have an issue with needles, tell them not to look. My OH said the needles were huge, they give you an anesthetic to put the block in! Thankfully I was blissfully unaware of it all!

Just as an update if anyone Googles and finds this my spinal block was absolutely fab!! I was scared I'd feel something but I didn't and my recovery wad very quick :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back