Planned Section Advice!

mookie

Reaction score
I have a planned section booked for Monday! Eeek!!

I'm terrified! I had to have and emergency section with my son so have no idea what a planned one is like!!

Does anyone have some last minute advice?
Can you still have skin to skin? Can my husband still cut the cord or not?

I'm really scared of the spinal!! I have to have spinal and epidural combined!

Please help!

Thank you xx

Apparently a planned section is sooo much nicer. Youll get to talk to the staff before hand and it's much more relaxed. Theres a thread called 'this is amazing' or at least I think it is, in this section and it shows a beautiful planned section. The father got to cut the cord and they had brilliant instant skin to skin. Could be worth making notes and taking them when you go in, or before hand if its possible as it sounds like you might want something similar to these people.

You can have skin to skin though, just need to make them aware of this.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you :)

Thank you so much! Video was wonderful, I really hope the hospital will let me have a similar experience to that. I'm just so nervous. I'm exhausted as I'm not sleeping and the worrying doesn't help. I'm so nervous of the spinal. I had an epidural last time but was having very strong contractions so I don't remember it!

I had a spinal and it was fine. It had an emergancy section but was completly with it when they did it. They be more precise with yours but I couldnt move from the neck down lol.

I think if you just make you wishes known to them, because its not an emergancy section, then they should at least try and give you what you want. It is after all, your birth experience.

My friend had both an emergency one and a planned one (with her second) and she said that it was so much more relaxed and prepared for the second.

It was just calmly getting ready and going in and coming out with your baby.

You'll be fine :)

Don't worry Mookie - planned section is soo clam , relaxed and organised - not to mention the lack of worry over childcare for you son with knowing when it's all going to happen!

Here is my birth story incase it helps back from jan 2011

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/bir...nouncing-devon-rory-jones-6th-jan-2011-a.html

It was the only time I got skin to skin and breastfeeding, it was brilliant!!

You can take a camera in and get lovely photos too, as your more ready - enjoy your special day X
PM me if you have any other questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back