C-Section..can you demand a date ?

myst

Reaction score
bit of a bizarre title i know but this will be my 4th c-section..i have origionally been told that it will be done when im 38 weeks..but have since been told 39 weeks, obviously in my mind the sooner the better [38 weeks] so it cuts the risk of me going into labour and ending up with an emergency section...IF my concultant is reluctant to do the section earlier than 39 weeks am i within my rights to 'kick up a stink ' about it or do i have to put up with it? and when did you ladies have your sections ?

thx !

im not sure i can help you with the answers here huni, but i think the docs know whats best all round..

Im due a section this time round and im going to ask for a "date" as im getting sterilised as well, so it has to be booked..

good luck :hug:

Yes you can kick up a stink and put your view across no prob i dont know where you are but i work in theatres and we only do elective sections all day on weds some bigger hospital have 2 lists or 2 days?? so they will caluculate it in weeks and its usually the week before your due on whichever day they do them hope this helps Rachx

I had to take my section at 40 weeks as theatres were busy.

It wasn't decided that I would be sectioned until just before 38 weeks but still I had to wait around theatre availability and obviously emergencies.

I was told that even if I went into labour before this point it would be classed as an 'emergency' section but when I questioned if this was bad apparently it's not it just means that your section will have to happen but not in an emergency panic,they still have a few hours to get things prepared.

Good luck with it all :hug:

my main concern is scar rupture, after 3 sections already surely things are a bit weaker than normal....if I had my way id be in there next week having my baby but i just know they are gonna make me wait...its so depressing and i feel so down, i dont want to put myself or my baby at unnecessary risk for the sake of a few days to a week....

my appointment is at 3.30pm today....not exactly looking forward to it, feeling quite tearful about the whole thing at the moment, i feel blessed that ive made it to past 36 weeks without any major probs, just dont wanna push my luck too much....

sorry to ramble on.

Good luck with your appt Myst. I hope you get the earlier date you want. I would feel the same in your situation. This could be my second c-section. I get to find out next week what the consultant wants me to do. :)

:hug:

Hi

Good luck hun :hug: I hope you get it sooner rather then later!
I only have had one section but because it was so soon i most likely have to have a section as they worry about rupturing ect .
Wish you all the best hun and be sure to keep us updated
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back