Plagio & Brachy support thread

They're FANTASTIC results!!!!!

You must be so, so pleased with them. Can't be long left in the helmet then, you're virtually in the normal range now.

im so glad your getting great results , we find out next week if leland graduates and has his final scan !

have you got before and after photos would love to see them !

I can't wait til Olivers helmet can come off for good. I was hoping it would be next check-up (i.e. in 4 weeks time), as then it'll be the week before I go back to work & Oliver starts nursery - but consultant indicated that at the moment we're concentrating on rectifying the Plagio stats at mo and then will focus on the Brachy - so he may end up with another month after that.

His his start of treatment pic:
P1010885-1-1.jpg

And now:
P1020323-1-1.jpg

Squiglet said:
http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page17051

So that would be a no then :x

Thats so out of order especially when you can see how well it has worked with your LO's. :shakehead:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh brilliant - fingers crossed then :clap: :cheer: Make sure you post on here all the final stats!

We're ok. 3 weeks til next appointment, but reckon it might be another month after that one, before we finish treatment. How long was Leland in it for in total if it comes off tomorrow?

3 months and a week :dance:

i feel really weird tho , really scared that it will go back once its off , and i kinda so use to him in it now and even use to the looks etc and i dunno , just feel all emotional about it coming off , prob worse then when it went on !!!

sorry i didnt update :wall:

leland had no change this week but he had grown , so she's leaving it on another 3 weeks ( nov 4th) but if we want we can take it off anytime , she also said he could have some more free time from it in the next few weeks as it will help us decided if were happy with the shape ( which we are anyway) so yeh , looks like nov 4 th will be it !!4 months in it :cheer:

Awwww! Well, I guess that gives you time to get used to seeing Leland without the helmet over the next few weeks anyway. And it'll give him a chance to get used to having a 'free' head too. I'm sure Oliver is gonna have bruises all over his head when the helmet first comes off cos he thinks that banging his head doesn't hurt!!! :rotfl:

Our next check-up os 27th Oct! That'll be our 3month check.

We've been for our 3month check-up today.

At Start of Treatment:
Plagio = 25mm
Brachy = 97%

11 week check-up (a week early as consultant had to change appointment):
Plagio = 9mm
Brachy = 91% (no change this time)

:cheer: I reckon another 2 months and we'll have cracked it. Plus I'd love for him to come out of helmet for Christmas :D

woohoo go oliver !!!!!! how does it look to you ? has it still left like a flat bit at the top ??

Good luck for Leland having his helmet off tomorrow. :D :clap: :dance:

Remember to update us with the final stats :hug:

ive had to cancel it :( , leland is really poorly and we were in a&e most of the night , hs got his helmet off at mo , final scan now 10th .

Oh - poor Leland.... and you! :hug:

Hope it's nothing serious & he's feeling better soon. Take care.

Just wondering if any of you have heard of this site: http://www.headstart4babies.co.uk/index.asp

They help with the costs of the helmets. A baby in Peterborough has plagiocephaly and went public with it to the local radio station etc: http://www.hereward.co.uk/Article.asp?id=958229 and I just saw on Anglia News this morning that he has had the £2000 raised for his helmet already and it seems to have been through this headstart4babies site.

i had herd of them and looked at their site but was told it was unlikely id get help as brian works :roll:

Leland has officially graduated today :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
at 5mm plagio and 83% brachy :dance: you should see the scan difference ! u can see both ears lmao , i wont have the scan pics till friday tho so shall post them up then ! am so pleased we done it , hope leland is happy when his older :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back