does he need doctor? edit , ended up in a&e AGAIN !:(

lil miss had a urine infection a while ago and ended up in A&E (just because it was a bank holiday :roll: ) We gave her cranberry juice and it seemed to help and once she had the antibiotics she was fine. She had no symptoms at all other than a really really high temp. She was fine otherwise, a little clingy and sleepy... but fine in herself.

Hope Leland gets better soon.. :hug: :hug: :hug:

ive still not got a urine sample , he had nappy off for 2 hours then wanted to sleep so it had to go on , now his been asleep ever since ( 2 hours !) , just took his temp ( thank god for in ear thigns!) and its still 39.2 :cry: , so managed to get him to take calpol while asleep !!! just worried if i dont get a sample if he has got infection he wont get help , they wont give us antibiotics if i cant get a sample :wall: what do i do if his nappy isnt wet ? will mean he hasnt wee'd since we changed his bum this morning ( runny dirty one no idea if wet)

What did the Dr say when you went back tonight Gem?????

his temp went up to 40 again , so got him in at docs , manage to get wee sample by pouring water over his bits and blowing on them ( docs advice lol) but he hasnt got a wee infection , looks like a viral throat infection so his got amoxicillian and dyrolite stuff got his pooing water :puke: which he kindly did in doctors and needed a complete sleepsuit change :puke: . his more alert now , but more alert = more crying :wall: :cry:

At least you know what it is now. I've been thinking about all of you all afternoon. Hopefully the meds will kick in quickly and he will start to feel much better soon.

dr called me tonight , she's worried about the fact his temp doesnt come down alot . have to watch him like a hawk and all being ok she wants to see him at 9 am , otherwise i have to call on call tonight and prob end up back at hossy . im sure his temp has come down tho , but his only been awake today for prob 4 hours max .

Gem was on her way back to hospital earlier when I text her. Dr wants him to see a paediatrician but not heard anything more since :think:

Hello !

Yes we ended up back at childrens a&e last night after another call from our doctor who had been thinking about him and wasnt happy so sent us to see a consultant . which we did last night . by the time we got there leland had actualy perked up a bit thank god and his temp was down to 37 . consultant was happy that it was infact the viral throat infection causing the high temps and runs :puke: he up'd his calpol to 6ml and nurofen to 4 ml , plus dyrolite and antibiotics .

his slept to 10 am this mornign ! and altho still got the runs he temp is down :cheer:

what does worry me is that his now had 2 viral infections both after cutting a tooth , the hv has been round today ( mainly for my pnd stuff) and she says its cos immune is lower when cutting a tooth , whats scaring me is there's a lot of teeth to cut and i dont want him this ill every time ! not sure what i can do to stop it tho ?

Big hugs for leland.

Harrison has been ill all the time since cutting hir first tooth, seems to be always snotty and coughing loads :(

awww hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

least it sounds like your doctors done their job and thought it wise to refer you to the hospital.

aww hope he gets better soon

Whenever Willow cut a tooth she always had a cough and cold to accompany it, in the end it became a warning sign that a tooth was comming

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back