PINK ROSE APPEAL (in aid of breast cancer)

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
My 3 yr old boy is doing a 7 and a half mile walk this evening, i walked 3 miles but was getting too many pains to carry on...(im not a wimp but cant risk bringing labour on as i have been getting contraction type pains all day :? )

He is even going to be in the paper for his efforts, how cute is that...

will post it when its on monday wahoo..

Is anyone else doing anything this year fro the pink rose appeal..

Obviously I can't do it this year but last year and the one before I done the Playtex Moonwalk Marathon - yep 26.2 miles all money raised for breast cancer (my nanna died of it when I was just a little girl). You start in a park in London at midnight (all very well organised, music, bands, buffett etc) and thousands of women then powerwalk the 26.2 miles around the different boroughs of London in their bra!! It's excellent fun, people decorate them in just plain colours, others go all out dressing as charachters etc, really so much fun. You get a 'free' (included in price of entry) wonderbra to decorate for the evening and usually end up finishing around 5.30am/6am the following morning in time to get the first train home type thing. It's exhausting but so much fun. Highly recommend it.

http://www.walkthewalk.org/welcome.htm

Nicola said:
Obviously I can't do it this year but last year and the one before I done the Playtex Moonwalk Marathon - yep 26.2 miles all money raised for breast cancer (my nanna died of it when I was just a little girl). You start in a park in London at midnight (all very well organised, music, bands, buffett etc) and thousands of women then powerwalk the 26.2 miles around the different boroughs of London in their bra!! It's excellent fun, people decorate them in just plain colours, others go all out dressing as charachters etc, really so much fun. You get a 'free' (included in price of entry) wonderbra to decorate for the evening and usually end up finishing around 5.30am/6am the following morning in time to get the first train home type thing. It's exhausting but so much fun. Highly recommend it.

http://www.walkthewalk.org/welcome.htm

My friends sister did this.

I usually do the race for life... but by myself as the day it is held in Aberdeen is always my anniversary weekend and we are usually away somewhere. So I get the forms and explain and they let me do it myself and send the money in.
I do loads of charity things for Cancer Research, Breast Cancer Awareness and the MacMillian nurses as they all helped sooo much when my mum was ill before she passed away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back