Petrified

toodles84

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!!

I wonder if any of your lovely selves can put me at ease!! I am totally petrified, i keep having horrible nightmares about something going wrong when in labour!! Is/has this happened to anyone else!! My sleeping pattern is very erratic and sleep is non existent at times, i woke up yesterday totally freaked and couldn't shake the feeling for the whole day, it made me feel physically sick!!

Karen xx

I've had some terrible nightmares but it's only a combination of hormones and your mind sorting through all the rubbish that builds up every day. They can affect you for ages and I nearly refused to have my 20 week scan because of the dream I had a few days before.

I find writing down any worries helps, kind of releases them from my mind. Hope they stop for you soon hun xxxxxxxx

Thanks BabyBrain They are horrible, writting them down seems like a fab idea, will give that a go!!!

Thay have reduced me to tears on numerous occaisions :(

I don't remember being this anxious with my DD!!!

Karen xxx

I'm afraid I cant put you at ease as I feel exactly the same! The thought of it all panics me so so much, if i watch maternity programs I find myself sweating with a fast pulse I'm super paranoid somethings gonna go wrong, babys gonna get stuck etc i think its totally normal....but that doesn't help the fear lol

xxx

If you have having a hospital birth rather then a home birth, then you will be in the safest place possible. Something to seriously go wrong wouldbe really rare. Worrying about the unknown won't help. This is my first and to be honest, I really excited and looking forward to labour. Think it's cos it's the last point before meeting my little one. :) Just discuss your fears with your midwife as I'm sure she'll be able to help put your mind at rest. If you have a low risk pregnancy, then i really wouldn't worry. And if you are high risk, then I'm sure all precautions will be taken and you will be monitored closely. Try not to over think things. Easier said then done, but honestly worrying won't help.xx

Last edited:
Totally agree with the other ladies advice, ive been having nasty dreams too, for some odd reason i just cannot picture myself with this baby, even tho he is loved and wanted very much,

ive filled 4 writing pads since just before 20wk scan with my neurotic late night ramblings, it does help xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back