Lying on back

Meggiewoo

Reaction score
Woke up lying on my back today and half of my body was totally numb (probably what woke me.) I know it is just baby lying on nerves and blood vessels but it totally freaked me out. Told OH if he sees me on my back at all to wake me up and move me. Don't want half of me to turn to gangrene!!

Kim x x x x x

maybe try sleeping on your side with a pillow behind you to stop you rolling on your back?
I need to try this myself as I'm always waking up on my back, your experience sounds scary!

You're at the "random numb body part" stage where it actually doesn't matter in what position you lie at night... at some point you will wake up with a random numb body part :rotfl: Hips and hands are my random parts. Although I've also had numb feet, legs, arms and bum too.. :rotfl:

Its nothing to worry about but it is one of the annoying factors about being pregnant... I believe its our body's way of preparing itself for the onslaught of sleepless nights with a newborn. :D

I woke up on my back this morning. It felt weird.

It's driving me mad waking up with a dead arm or leg though.

I go to sleep on my side but always wake up on my back. I think it's fine as long as you turn onto your side as soon as you realise :)

I keep waking up with cramp in my leg or pins and needles in my hand from how I have been lying :wall: :roll:

however much i try not to, i cant help sleeping on my back. It doesnt give me any problems, i just hope i'd wake up if it was causing the baby any distress :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back