Personalise Your Username with a Picture!

LauraB

Reaction score
Avatars are a wonderful, fun way of personalising your character on the forums. Other members can find your posts quicker, because most people's eyes catch sight of pictures before they see words. You can upload any picture you like - it doesn't have to be of you - it can be your dog, a cartoon character, the bathroom ceiling or what you had for breakfast - we don't care!

How To Create Your Avatar

First, decide which picture you want to use. It can be uploaded from your own PC, or you can upload it from a URL. Please make sure that your avatar is no bigger than around 100-125 pixels in width and height (125 pixels is the absolute maximum that we will allow - otherwise it will cause problems for other members using lower resolution screen settings).

If you are uploading your picture from your PC, click the 'Browse' button next to 'Upload Avatar from your Machine' and use your PC to find the location of the file you want to upload. The maximum file size allowed is 10 Kb - if your file is larger than this, you can reduce it by converting it into a 'gif' file or other web-suitable file type.

If you are uploading your picture from a URL, then type the URL into the 'Upload Avatar from a URL' box. If the picture is larger than 100 pixels, it will appear 'squashed' in the box - for best results, make sure that the picture you are uploading is no bigger than 100 pixels.

When you are done, click 'Submit' and you're finished! Your avatar will now be displayed next to all of the posts you make.

Please also see Urchin's avatar help topic here which will also help you.

Sorry to be so crap, but I want to type the URL in the box, but what is a URL??? :?

Hi Liv,

The URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the web address of something - in this case, a picture (but it can also be a page of a website, or a document stored on a website, etc). For example, the URL of your ticker is as follows:-

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... 0a/ttc.png

The address of the picture that you want to use as your avatar will be something like that, ie a proper web address followed by the filename of your picture, possibly separated by one or more folder names and 'forward-slashes'.

Hope this helps, please ask if you have any further questions.

Hiya,

I am just checking I have uploaded my avatar okay and that it isn't too big!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back