Period after miscarriage - been bleeding for 3 weeks?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Haven't been here for a while but I'm desperate for help at the moment :(

I suffered a miscarriage back in May and it has taken ages for my periods to return, but now they have I'm getting very worried.
I've been bleeding now for 3 weeks - and it's not getting any lighter, in fact it seems to be getting heavier. I've been having agonizing cramps also. Filling a pad every 2 hours or so.
I went to my GP on friday who did a pregnancy test, which was negative, so she gave me some penicillin and said it could be an infection.

I'm starting to feel pretty weak and under the weather, I have a temperature and the bleeding is showing no signs of stopping. Has anybody else had this after a miscarriage? My boyfriend wants to take me to A&E but I'm scared - what exactly will they do?

Hi hon,

I'd go to A&E if I were you because it can't be good to be losing that much blood. Look after yourself. xx

So sorry to hear of your loss huni, please please go to A+E just to get yourself checked out. Nothing can be as bad as what you are suffering now, Please let us know how you get on xxx

Hi Lulu, lovely to have you back on PF

Please go to A&E asap, this doesn't sound right to me at all,temperature must be sign of infecrtion, wonder if something is still stuck retained tissue etc causing the bleeding now, pls get checked out to be on the safe side , and so you can move forward Hun X (pls let use know how you go)

Hi there... as u know i had a missed MC just before you and JJmum is right about some tissue. I had 3 scans in total before they discharged me, so they were happy i was safe to go home cos of the bleeding.

Let us know how you get on and good luck.

Oh by the way my cycles have only just become normal again, so yours will too soon xx

Thanks for your replies... I called my doctor (I'm away from home at the moment) and she said she doesn't think i should go to A&E as long as I'm feeling okay (not really dizzy, cold, or being sick etc) so I've put off going. She also seemed puzzled about my pregnancy test being negative, because if there had been any 'products' left inside me the test would've been a faint positive.
The bleeding eased up but I'm still very heavy. I've now been bleeding nearly a whole month.
I'm going back home tomorrow so going to make another appointment with my GP (maybe a different one - second opinion) because obviously something is wrong! The penicillin doesn't seem to be making a difference. I just want to put this all behind me now :( We're not in a desperate hurry to try again, we want to wait a while to get over what happened, but still I'm beginning to worry about what's going on down below, I don't want my fertility affected.

Arrrrgh! In the movies pregnancy seems so easy and glamorous! :(

Thanks for your replies... I called my doctor (I'm away from home at the moment) and she said she doesn't think i should go to A&E as long as I'm feeling okay (not really dizzy, cold, or being sick etc) so I've put off going. She also seemed puzzled about my pregnancy test being negative, because if there had been any 'products' left inside me the test would've been a faint positive.
The bleeding eased up but I'm still very heavy. I've now been bleeding nearly a whole month.
I'm going back home tomorrow so going to make another appointment with my GP (maybe a different one - second opinion) because obviously something is wrong! The penicillin doesn't seem to be making a difference. I just want to put this all behind me now :( We're not in a desperate hurry to try again, we want to wait a while to get over what happened, but still I'm beginning to worry about what's going on down below, I don't want my fertility affected.

Arrrrgh! In the movies pregnancy seems so easy and glamorous! :(

You will really get there hun, see what they say, and hang in there , JJ X

hi i miscarried in june at 5 and half weeks and i bled for 3 weeks heavily then spotted for a further 7 weeks! just finished two weeks ago,, then go my first period on sat morning and that lasted for 3 days so thats me back to normal thank goodness. it does take time and like you i thought there was something wrong but i just think everyones different. i hope it gets better soon for u and i am so sorry for your loss. xx

hi i miscarried in june at 5 and half weeks and i bled for 3 weeks heavily then spotted for a further 7 weeks! just finished two weeks ago,, then go my first period on sat morning and that lasted for 3 days so thats me back to normal thank goodness. it does take time and like you i thought there was something wrong but i just think everyones different. i hope it gets better soon for u and i am so sorry for your loss. xx

Thank you. I'm sorry to hear about yours too :(
Well my GP prescribed something to stop the bleeding, but I know as soon as I stop taking them I'll start to bleed again, I just hope it will only be for a week this time. And I've got to go for a scan on friday to check everything is okay inside.
I just can't believe I'm still going through all of this 4 months after it actually happened. I don't think I could go through it all again! Trying to keep my chin up though :) That's all I can do or I'll go insane! xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back