Perfect Prep Machine

When my kids were babies I would sterilise 6 bottles on a morning and fill with just boiled water and leave them in the fridge. I would add formula and put them in the microwave for 30 seconds to take the chill off. But guidelines change so much, my youngest is now 6 yrs old!

My sister has bought one for this little one, they do seem to get good reviews from people who have purchased them.

We bought one of these the black version I can't wait to use it. I think anything that reduces times making up bottles at 3am is a godsend well worth the money.

Ive been recommended to get 1 and im going to get it tommorow ive done 3 weeks of feeding on demand and just colling by putting the btl in a jug of cold water....I need to listen to my son scream until its cool enough at 3am im wishing I had this machine. Friend of mine that has 1 said its great especially during the night xx

It's a total lifesaver!

The only problem with mine is that the water tank often says it's too hot, but that'll be ok when it's cooler here! I just add ice or cold water to be filtered lol.

When out and about I use the ready made bottles, and at night j do as I can't be dealing with getting up to kitchen.

Lazy or what?!

Spend a few pounds on a jug with a lid.

Every morning you make your first bottle so baby isn't waiting, empty the jug, boil the kettle, fill jug, let it cool. There you have enough cool boiled water to make up your feeds for the next 24 hours. So all you need to do is boil the kettle, add powder to a few ounces of boiled water, and top up with the cool water. That's all the perfect prep does.

The machine takes out the guess work out of what ratio of cooled to boiling you mix though x

The machine takes out the guess work out of what ratio of cooled to boiling you mix though x

All you have to do is look where the new water level has settled and add however many oz are left. It's really not guessing or hard. If that really is too hard, use another bottle or jug to measure it out.

I use 3oz of boiled water then top up whatever is left with cooled.

It's easy peasy, takes the same time, and doesn't cost £60 or more.

Last edited:
No it's more to do with not the total volume at the end... But the shot of boiled water is such a volume that when mixed with cool its the perfect temperature x

I agree with orion. I used a similar method with my daughter and do the same with my son x

No it's more to do with not the total volume at the end... But the shot of boiled water is such a volume that when mixed with cool its the perfect temperature x

I've never had a problem with my method. And it cost me £2. And there's no filters to buy.

Last edited:
I didn't have one with my first but I've got one for my 2nd as every mum I know who use one sweAr by it. I got mine bargain new for £33 (tesco baby event ok u some tesco vouchers) and can't wait to use it. I genuinely think it's a great purchase, but it is an extravagance and not really necessary.

Last edited:
The reason we are advised to boil the kettle and let it cool is because just boiled water is too hot and can burn nutrients in the powder, whereas the water needs to be 70'c in order to kill off any bacteria (hence letting it cool for no more than 30 minutes). Boiling a kettle and putting water to once side doesn't do the same thing - it's not just a case of having water which has been sterilised through boiling, it is having water that is the right temperature to kill off harmful bacteria.

We were making bottles using the kettle and it was HELL. Yes we could roughly guess when our LO would need a feed, but the older she got the more we started to feed on demand, that just wasn't going to work anymore!

We have the Perfect Prep Machine and it is honestly a Godsend. Yes, it is expensive. But for the hassle it takes out of making bottles, the time it saves, the stress it saves both you and baby, it is SO worth it. Plus if you grab it during a baby event, you can get it for 50% off.

Last edited:
I got mine in a sale in sda after our friends said this machine was a life saver. Iv not used it yet as I'm 29 weeks pregnant and I will try bf for the first few weeks. Then I'm likely to switch. They are alot but keep an eye out as I say got mine in asda for £60. It then went down to £37 in store but not on line. I was gutted lol.

Hi everyone, just got a perfect prep machine and is so convenient. However I am finding the formula goes very frothy and my six week old had really struggled with wind. Am I doing something wrong? Does anybody else have this problem? To add to the confusion I had to change from cow gate to aptimel the same day I got the machine so not sure if it's that? Help, he woke up half an hour After every fed last night needing more winding despite lots of wind post fed. ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back