Perfect Prep Machine

Bella.21

Reaction score
I have been expressing up until now but due to developing a bad rash I have been put on medication where I am unable to breastfeed.
I have been looking into the perfect prep machine but wanted to see what peoples thought are on it?
What is the difference between that and a bottle warmer? That may be a silly question but this is all new to me!

I genuinely think it's a waste of money. I made every one of my little ones bottles fresh, when he woke for a feed, and used fresh boiled water then cooled it. With the Perfect Prep, it's puts in hot water, you then add the formula and mix it yourself, then the machine tops it up with cooled, sterile water.
It basically costs you £80 and saves about 2 minutes xx

I have been expressing up until now but due to developing a bad rash I have been put on medication where I am unable to breastfeed.
I have been looking into the perfect prep machine but wanted to see what peoples thought are on it?
What is the difference between that and a bottle warmer? That may be a silly question but this is all new to me!

We combination fed in the early days and I found it brilliant and saved loads of time, especially during middle of night. Personally I found it to be worth every penny!

I genuinely think it's a waste of money. I made every one of my little ones bottles fresh, when he woke for a feed, and used fresh boiled water then cooled it. With the Perfect Prep, it's puts in hot water, you then add the formula and mix it yourself, then the machine tops it up with cooled, sterile water.

That's weird, because if you think about the time it takes to boil a kettle, wait roughly 30 minutes, then make up the feed (as per the tin guidelines), that's at least 30 minutes if you make the feed up fresh each time.

I didn't have the perfect prep with my daughter and ended up with agonising night feeds (daytime was fine as I knew roughly when she'd need a bottle and could sort it quickly). We bought the perfect prep with my son and it's easily been the best baby buy we've made. Saved heaps of time as it only takes a couple of minutes rather than a half hour.

Anyway, the difference between the perfect prep and bottle warmer - not much, although I'm wary of storing made up bottles in the fridge.

That's weird, because if you think about the time it takes to boil a kettle, wait roughly 30 minutes, then make up the feed (as per the tin guidelines), that's at least 30 minutes if you make the feed up fresh each time.

I didn't have the perfect prep with my daughter and ended up with agonising night feeds (daytime was fine as I knew roughly when she'd need a bottle and could sort it quickly). We bought the perfect prep with my son and it's easily been the best baby buy we've made. Saved heaps of time as it only takes a couple of minutes rather than a half hour.

Anyway, the difference between the perfect prep and bottle warmer - not much, although I'm wary of storing made up bottles in the fridge.

Why would you wait thirty minutes? Run it under the cold tap to cool it down! Or, boil water, put it in a flask and use it when it's cooled. Xxx

Both my kids had their bottles at the temperature they were at! Sometimes they were warm, but usually they were cold! I made my bottles up 2/3 at a time (as in had the water measured out) and just added the powder as and when baby needed feeding. £80???? I'll not be buying one for my next baby!

I had this and was a life saver ! Gets really positive reviews and means baby never has to wait long for a bottle and they are all freshly made. Will definitely be using it for my 2nd xx

I bf for 10 days then moved on to bottles. I use my prep machine for every feed and it's brilliant! I would recommend! X

I combination feed and even for the pnce a day we use it...its amazing, highly recommend! We got ours for £50! Would probably advise buying one second hand.

Why would you wait thirty minutes? Run it under the cold tap to cool it down! Or, boil water, put it in a flask and use it when it's cooled. Xxx

The instructions on the tin say to boil water, wait up to 30 minutes (with the water in the kettle), then make up the formula. We used to try to make it up as soon as possible, but our formula would go lumpy if the water was too hot (daughter had a special formula that was a total nightmare). After it was made, of course we used everything to cool it down! We used to put the bottle in a jug of ice water. We followed the instructions to the letter as our daughter was tiny and premature so didn't want to risk anything by being lazy about making bottles.

I think the point I was trying to make is that the perfect prep really does save more than just a couple of minutes xx

What if you're out and about? Are they big machines you leave at home, or do they fit in your handbag? I've heard of them but after successfully growing 2 babies into little people, I find £80 a lot of money!

They're big and come with a plug, so basically stay put in the kitchen (or wherever). Out and about - we had to schedule around our daughter's feeds as GP wouldn't give the pre-prepared version of her formula and it wasn't available over the counter. I used pre-prepared with my son though, but you could use a flask of boiled water as that would keep it at the right temp to kill any bacteria.

I bought a brand new machine for just £60 from Babies R Us. I guess everyone realised how popular they were and hiked the prices back up...

By far the best baby purchase we made. Could not be without it. Saves time and stress. We stayed at my parents for the night & making bottles up as per the tin made for a very unhappy baby. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Best buy we made!!! Was not going to bother but at 38 weeks pregnant I changed my mind and so glad I did!!!
Get one its well worth it, I would pay full price for it!!!! Just think over a year you will defiantly get your monies worth out of it!!! Xx

I've got one ready for when this baby arrives. I won't make up bottles in advance. When we had our son we used to boil the kettle, leave it to stand for 30 mins, then fill a flask with the water. When he needed a feed we made the bottle up, but it still needed to be cooled down, so we always had a jug of water in the fridge to stand it in. This would still take a good 5 mins, which in the middle of the night was a mare!

Then the issues we would have are one of us would forget to refil the flask, or visitors would arrive as the kettle had just boiled, so would have to wait before having a cup of tea. It was a pain in the bum! I will still use the flask method when we are out and about, but can't wait to use the prep for home feeds.

I've bought it as found making bottles a farce first time around. Cutting out the time for waiting for the boiled water to cool down seemed value for money for me!

Love mine. Definetly worth the money it was a godsend in the early days especially. When out and about i just take the prepared bottles

Worth every penny. You shouldn't make up bottles in advance due to bacterial growth or add formula to water at a temp less than 70 degrees. It takes ages to make up fresh each feed and cool to drinking temp. We couldn't be without ours x

Oh and we either make up before we go if he'll feed within 2 hours or take ready made bottles if not xx

I bf for 10 days then moved on to bottles. I use my prep machine for every feed and it's brilliant! I would recommend! X

Me too, I BF for 12 days as by day 12 my baby was crying for a feed and I was too due to my nipples hanging off!! He had tongue tie but that's another story!!!

My friend has 3 babies inc Irish twins (1 year old and 3mt old- yeah I know!) :shocked
She recomended the prep and I have found it absolutly wonderful and it took away the confusion with formula feeding as you can make them when needed rather than messing around with kettle and storing etc.

Especially in early days I think we would have needed another kettle to prepare bottles (making sure water was freshly boiled and all that.
Mao in short GET ONE it will be a god send!!

Only downfall for my baby is that sometimes he wanted it a bit hotter than it makes it so I would zap in microwave for 10 seconds.

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back