Pants!

kitty2016

Reaction score
I've been told I will need some supportive, big, Bridget Jones style pants for after labour. Is this right? I know they will need to be appropriate size for pads to fit, but I currently can't stand anything on my bump (I'm wearing low rise pants only). I can't imagine as soon as I've had baby that I would then want to start having something restricting my tummy.
Any advice?
Any recommendations?

Thanks ladies :) x

I wore my usual 'bikini' type pants, they don't cover your belly. I just got a few cheap black pairs in the next size up so that they would be comfy. Worked fine, 2 babies later & I actually still use them as period pants haha! :lol:

Basically you need something that is comfy and will hold those giant post natal pads well without leaking. If you end up with a CS you dont want anything that will rub on your wound so high waisted pants might be the way to go otherwise you just need something that gives your lady parts good coverage :). Black is a must if you dont want to bin them after.

Last edited:
I bought big granny knickers and hated them, they felt really uncomfortable on my tummy. Next time I'd stick to normal pants that could hold a pad

Big knickers up the belly are recommended just in case of emergency c section if everything doesn't go to plan. You won't want bikini briefs resting on your wound as this would be very uncomfortable. I took them as a just in case but never needed them as I managed normal delivery x

Thanks for the replies. Can anyone actually recommend any? I've been buying my pants from Matalan since being pregnant - nice and comfy and pretty cheap. I've had to buy 4 different times now due to getting bigger and I just cannot cope with tight undies!
I haven't used pads since I was a teen and even then I hated them - I feel like lycra based panties would be better to hold things in place but I know they're not breathable. x

I bought a few pairs of primark briefs but I actually felt comfort in them after labour - before labour I hated them! I did feel a bit more secure and comfy.

xxxx

I wear granny pants now and im not even pregnant! I have heard that Slogies are supposed to be good for giving support after things like birth I have heard x

I just got some cheap big black cotton full knickers from tesco. I wearing them now (just over 53hrs since c section) and they're somcomfy

I have got bog black ones from tesco aswell. Iv been living in bog knickers since i started showing as i cant stand tight things.

Thanks ladies. I bought a sexy 5 pack of black cotton bloomers today from matalan. £4! I look like victor meldrew in them but at least they'll do the job!

Somebody told me to get disposable knickers so I did (they were 50p or something) haven't even looked at what they're like, dunno if I'll end up using em, but I'm sure they must be devastatingly attractive...

I only ever used disposable ones just cause they're sterile and clean and I had a wound down there and used maternity pads inside them.

I have a pack of disposable ones and a pack of granny ones from primark so I will take both to hospital with me, the disposable ones were actually quite comfy after I gave birth last time xx

I looked at the disposable ones in Tesco - not sure if they're all designed the same but they for sure did not look like they would stay up. Barely any elastic! They were so thin I'd be scared of them ripping too...

Honestly theyre better made than you think I am looking forward to wearing them lol I bled so much last time that I went through the whole pack, I am guessing youll just have to chuck the cotton ones or whatever you go for if you bleed like mad afterwards xx

Well that does it... I'll give the old disposable ones a go lol

Maybe I should buy disposable as well then to give them a go! The cotton ones will be going in the bin for sure, regardless!

If you buy disposable incontinence pants they have the pad attached and save so much hastle. I'd go for the net type knickers as they are far more comfortable and stretchier x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back