Pandemic pregnancy

I dont understand how the booking in is being done over the phone, what about the bloods they need to do? I had to repeat mine twice, I'd have thought that bit was quite important? I cant get my head round all this. You're absolutely right I just cant enjoy this properly at the moment I'm incredibly anxious!

You do it all at your 12 week scan xx

You do it all at your 12 week scan xx
Oh wow really.. I just don't get it, I'm frustrated. Its like you're just left to it, which as a first time mum is very scary. Guess I just need to get over it!

Oh wow really.. I just don't get it, I'm frustrated. Its like you're just left to it, which as a first time mum is very scary. Guess I just need to get over it!

No it's understandable if it's your first pregnancy as you don't know the process and things do change quite a bit. Hopefully it will all be over soon, it is for our own safety as hospitals and doctor surgerys are a breeding ground for germs even when we're not in a pandemic. Have you spoken to your midwife about your concerns? Xx

No it's understandable if it's your first pregnancy as you don't know the process and things do change quite a bit. Hopefully it will all be over soon, it is for our own safety as hospitals and doctor surgerys are a breeding ground for germs even when we're not in a pandemic. Have you spoken to your midwife about your concerns? Xx
I totally understand the risks, which I appreciate, but I would have just thought it was essential care. I've been nowhere for over a month now. I have my 16 week by telephone next week but not sure it's even worth mentioning to be honest xx

I totally understand the risks, which I appreciate, but I would have just thought it was essential care. I've been nowhere for over a month now. I have my 16 week by telephone next week but not sure it's even worth mentioning to be honest xx

From my memory I think they do the heartbeat at 16 weeks so I would think they would do this in person. But I had my daughter nearly 7 years ago so don't know weather things have changed xx

From my memory I think they do the heartbeat at 16 weeks so I would think they would do this in person. But I had my daughter nearly 7 years ago so don't know weather things have changed xx
This depends on the midwife i think.
Some midwives do it and others dont. x

So we had our phone call today. My midwife is really nice, yay! I have to go in on Tuesday to have my blood test and blood pressure check etc.

Glad appointment went well @SockVortex . I had 16 week today and was face to face so they are still happening in some trusts. Got to hear the heartbeat, did blood pressure, urine test etc so normal appointment apart from having to wait in car to be called in and midwife wearing PPE! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back