Phishing emails!!! HMRC *Warning*

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
I received an email which looked like it was off HM revenue saying i had a tax rebate and a "refund now" link... clicked on the link and it asked what bank i was in on what which looked like the HMRC website (i entered it as i wanted to see if it would ask for bank details) it took me to my online banking page wanting me to sign in!!! But if you look at the webpage it isn't the actual banking website its a fake because its not the correct web address. Its called phishing! So i have phoned up and reported them as people who don't know about these things could end up getting robbed! *******s! Just warning you all, phone up and report it if you get one. They will never ask you for any details online. xxx

What arseholes Shauna! Thanks for posting that. They'll try anything the robbing scummers! I get emails all the frickin time from supposedly HSBC bank, even though I don't hold an account with them, which tells me basically they've stopped a transaction and if I don't log into my online banking via the link they've supplied , they'll suspend/block my account for security reasons. I used to work for a bank so knew all the scams going, but its a first that I've heard of the HMRC one. x

I get emails like both of those.
I report them as phishing straight away. The money guy Martin (Money saving expert also on Daybreak :)) once said that HM revenue would never email - so took that as gospel. And I dont have the numerous bank accounts I get emails for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back