Pain :(

kra0

Reaction score
The past couple of nights I haven't really slept well and think I've had a bit of a high temperature as I've had strange dreams like you get when you've been ill. Today I woke up and was sick as usual but have diarrhoea too. As well as that I'm having an aching pain on my sides, mostly my right side. My urine has been showing up blood, ketones, protein and something else but no infection. Any ideas what this may be? I'm working til 5 and can't leave earlier cos I'm a childminder and docs will be closed by then :( xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry you are unwell, I dont have any idea what it could be but didnt want to read and run. I would suggest if you cant get to the docs that you should see if you can get to an out of hours doctors after you've finished looking after the children.

keep drinking loads of water to try and flush whatever it is out of your system and to try and keep your temperature down - take paracetomol if necessary.

Can you get a phone appt with your doctor instead?
xx

No unfortunately they only do that on certain days! I'm going to phone for an emergency appointment in the morning as they do this 9-11. I think there's a num in my notes to phone so ill check that too when I'm home. Thanks for your reply xxxx

no idea what it could b but hope u feel better soon X

Hey Hun,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell.... other than what First Baby suggested I am not sure what to say.

Hope you feel better soon x

If you cant get to see/speak with your gp tomorrow I'd be tempted to call the EPU see if the Triage Nurse can give you some advice - they've been great whenever I've called them, even if they decide they dont need to see you, they can still point you in the right direction.

Good luck hun, hope you feel better soon, early night for you xx

Awwwww sorry to hear you're ill hun :( go home and rest, if you can't get an appointment for tomorrow call your EPU :hug: xx

Ketones show up when you haven't been eating...indication that your body is using up protein to make up for lack of carbs/fat...are you still being sick? Protein can be due to high bp rather than infection. Have you asked for a urine sample to be sent off? Hope you feel better soon. I had a virus at about 14 weeks and felt so rough for a week x

Kra,

So sorry to hear you havent been well :( I'm not really clued up on ketones, protein in urine etc, but you would be better getting it seen to sooner rather than later. Maybe call up at the A&E tonight?
Keep us updated, and hope you are all better soon xxxx

Thanks for your replies. Ok I have to admit I haven't been eating as much as I used to but that's only because of nausea and being sick. I'm trying to drink as much water as possible too. I've had 2 samples sent off within a few weeks of each other and both showing all that stuff but still no infection. My appetite has def come back this week and I feel better today and had a great sleep so I'm just going to keep dropping samples in to be sent off to be on the safe side xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back