Pain under rib

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
Agony - is the only word i can describe the pain under my rib. Inwas at daycare today bcos the paracetimol wont tale the edge off this pain i feel at my wits end. I had pre-eclamspia in my first pregnancy and this was a symptom of it. Im 34 weeks in my last pregnancy it developed at 36 weeks... Im worried that its starting.

I have rib pain - right side.
Swollen feet and hands
My bp was normal too

I feel like i'm constantly taking painkillers and i really dont want to be. Anyone else suffering from this?
Any advice is great

Thanks x

I don't have swollen feet or any other symptom but I've had rib pain for weeks now, under my right ribs. Feels like a burning sensation inside and the skin feels numb to touch?! Its worse when I'm in bed and have been lying on one side for too long. Not sure if its the same type of pain you've been getting? Xx

I get the same as you fcroxy I think mine depends on what position he is laying in or how much Iv eaten but it's so uncomfortable like I need to stretch out to relieve it. My rib also really aches if I lay on my right side at night time for a long time! Xx

It isn't nice! I did have rib pain for a little while but baby seems to have moved down and away from my ribs which I am really grateful for, but I also have the swollen hands and ankles and they are constantly hot! I have been checked for pre eclampsia and my midwife just said its end of pregnancy puffiness, I could sit with my hands and feet in an ice bucket to try get them to calm down! Also my hands get random rashes with like water filled bubbles all over them too!

I hope you can get comfy, have you tried a gym ball to sit on to encourage baby downwards or something like that? Lying on your side to see if baby will get out of your ribs? xxxx

Thanks ladies a hot bath sometimes helps but ive just been taking paracetimol i have mW tomorrow will see if she says anything different xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back