Pain/pressure in urethra??

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
I had a catheter during labour because I couldn't pee after having the epidural, so I don't know if it's to do with that, but the last three/four days I've had a weird pain from where you pee, it's kinda like an ache. Helps to 'hold it' when it starts playing up, which tends to be in the evenings. It's usually ok in the daytime.
I'm not having any pains or anything when I actually wee so it's not like cystitis.
Anyone had this and know what it is? Bit worried I might have an infection from the catheter but surely I would've had symptoms sooner? And it would hurt to pee?
It's the only pain I have from the birth so I'd like to get rid of it and feel normal again :wall2:

I had something like that on and off for a couple of months after I had Sam...no idea what it was but it did disppear on its own after a while. Might be worth mentioning to your HV or doctor if you're worried but hopefully it's nothing x

Cheers, I do think it'll just go eventually, I'm just being impatient cos it's the only 'symptom' left from labour after everything else has calmed down :)

Mine was the same for 3 weeks. Doctor said it was bruising from the catheter. It went eventually but bloody hurt!

Can I ask how does a catater(sp) work where does it go?! What happens!? Is it
Painful and do you feel like your wetting yourself?! Sorry for random question but I've always wondered about it xx

I didn't have a catheter after I had Sam though, so it wasn't from that...just assumed it was from everything being bruised and squished around!

Can I ask how does a catater(sp) work where does it go?! What happens!? Is it
Painful and do you feel like your wetting yourself?! Sorry for random question but I've always wondered about it xx

It's a tube put up the urethra into your bladder. If you have an epidural you won't feel anything as it's inserted, but otherwise it can be a bit uncomfortable - you don't notice it once it's in though (I had one after major surgery a few years ago as they didn't want me getting out of bed at first). They usually lubricate the tube so it's just a strange feeling, and I didn't feel like I was wetting myself :lol:

I've got this too. It has only started in the last couple of days and is worse when I've been standing.

Thank you I have always wondered how it works!!
I can see now how it can be painful afterwards! Hope you feel better girls x x x

I had the same for a few days after having a c-section with Elliot. It stopped so I didn't ask about it and figured it was from the bruising or from the catheter x x x

With ya on this! Evil catheters.. I still get it on and off but it is going by itself, at first it was HORRID and i had no clue what was going on, it wasnt burning like an infection.. then i remembered the catheter so i think they were just a bit rough with it lol does seem to be going itself though x

me too it went not long after tho but now I think I leak a bit as always feel like I smell a bit like wee tmi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back